Monday, February 22, 2016

The Results Are In!

In my last two posts, I’ve told you about HGTV’s possible new show, Home Town. The pilot was filmed here in my hometown of Laurel, Mississippi and starred Ben and Erin Napier, a charming young Laurel couple. I encouraged you to watch the pilot that was aired on Sunday, January 24, with the hopes that the number of views would persuade HGTV to pick up the show.




Approximately 2 million of you tuned in on that Sunday which boosted Home Town to a ranking of #18 out of 100 shows in that time slot. Wow! Would that be enough viewership for HGTV to commission more episodes? We’ve all held our collective breaths for several weeks and were finally able to exhale this past Saturday when it was announced…. drumroll, please….. that Home Town would, indeed, be picked up by HGTV and ten more episodes will be filmed here this spring.

Because Southern Antiques (the store where my booth is located) was featured in the pilot, we have seen an increase in new customers specifically and more tourists in Laurel generally. We are all thrilled! Congratulations to Ben and Erin! Congratulations to Laurel! The best is yet to come!






Update: About a year ago I told you that my Mom (and treasure-hunting sidekick) had suffered a health setback which required that I spend more time caring for her. I’m sure you’ve noticed that my blogging has been erratic, to say the least. Her care has become even more challenging recently and is the reason for so few posts. I still have my booth at Southern Antiques and working it is a special source of relaxation for me. It’s harder to go treasure-hunting now, but thanks to some wonderful friends that are cleaning out closets, I have been able to acquire “new” items without going to sales. Thanks so much for your prayers for my Mom, and for me. We are lifted and encouraged by your support. 

13 comments:

  1. Loved the show -- so proud for Laurel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I hope you see lots more business because of the show. Care giving is such a loving commitment, and your mom is blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whàt wonderful news! I really enjoyed the pilot show. I know the time it takes to be a care giver and continue to keep you and your Mom in my prayers.
    Big hugs to you.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Laurel! Your momma is sure lucky to have such a wonderful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO happy to hear this! How exciting for you and the whole town...and all of us too. I'm keeping your mom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly enjoyed the show. Glad to hear it will be continued. I am also hoping they continue with Flea Market Flip as I love that show.
    I pray you and your mother handle things and she is better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed the new show
    Hoping your Mother gets very stable so you can go shopping and not worry about her to much
    I acquired a new box of buttons which I love to dig through

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't see the show but I definitely am going to watch for it! I hope things will get better with your mom.

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to be looking for that show now. I had not heard of it though I watch a lot of HGTV so I don't know how I missed it!
    Praying your Mom gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I will say a prayer for you both. That is so exciting about the show! And how neat that they also featured the antique shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm am soo happy that you are able to care for your Mother and will continue to check in to the goings on here at Back2! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear of your Mother not doing well. I so remember over the last few years reading about the 2 of you thrifting together. It reminded me of the times spent with my Mom and always put a smile on my face because I miss my Mom so. Sending prayers and a hug. Now I need to go watch that show!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Sherry, that is such wonderful news! I will have to check out this show for sure. I am hoping that your mother is doing ok since you have not posted for weeks. Prayers for you and her on this part of her journey. I have done that, and it does take so much time, but time you have to give to her. Time that is not wasted at all and what you will cling to as life keeps moving along. I hope you are able to keep your booth stocked with all the new traffic! Such exciting things going on in your town! There has to be so much joy for everyone when something this big happens! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!