Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Final 2015 City-Wide Yard Sale


The final of three 2015 City-Wide sales was held earlier this month. I grabbed my trusty rolling cart and stood in line to be one of the first hundred or so to get through the doors. There were plenty of vendors, but sadly not so many vendors of vintage this time. There was, however, a husband/wife team that had some great vintage items and I made most (but not all) of my purchases from them. Here’s what I found…..

A three-piece canister set…..



An Androck nut grinder, the most pristine Androck Hand-i-sifter I’ve ever found and several kitchen utensils….



This set of spaghetti string tumblers made it into the cart along with a Laurel, MS (my hometown) Coca-Cola bottle and an oak box that will be getting some much needed TLC….



There were lots of Christmas items, of course. I picked up a large Tom and Jerry bowl with one mug so I guess I’ll be looking for Tom and Jerry mugs in 2016. Cookie cutters were in abundance and I was happy to grab some with red and green handles along with a cute tin baby cup.




But this last purchase is just for me. It’s a complete set of vintage stamps… all 26 letters of the alphabet, all 10 numbers and many cool symbols like the pointing index finger shown here.



I'm sure I'll be using this set for many craft projects!

I'm linking to the following party:

Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures




12 comments:

  1. I'd say you had a pretty good haul! Love the red and green cookie cutters and the Tom and Jerry bowl. Just one more thing to add to your long list of things to look for, lol. I'm happy to hear you're going to keep the vintage stamps. I found a complete set a few years ago and use them all the time. Thanks for sharing your goodies at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved seeing what you found! I can see you hunting Tom and Jerry cups for sure. Love the stamps, glad you are keeping them for yourself. I need to share a couple of thrifty finds soon.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little tin cup and those cookie cutters. You just never know what you'll find! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry - Great finds. I'll keep my eyes out for the Tom and Jerry cups also for you. Stamps will be very useful and a lot of fun.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some good stuff! I LOVE the pointing hand printing block.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, what great finds! I love the stamps the best! I would love to have some like those! I guess I will be putting them on my list to find. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the mugs and not the Bowl! I have them in the kitchen window at my Grandparents house. Thanks for stopping by to visit and a Very Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did pretty good there, I love the Tom & Jerry punch bowl. Have a lovely Christmas.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just itching to go to a good sale.
    This this month I went antiquing /junking for the first time all year. I have the bug again

    you always score good finds, it's been fun seeing them all this year.

    Merry Christmas ' Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so remember those spagetti glasses! Wonder how they would do in a dishwasher!! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful things! I invite you to linkup starting 1-12-16 to Tuesday's Treasures a meme to share all things old. It would nice to see you there. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun finds! I love all of them! I've never seen those glasses, but absolutely love the cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!