Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Adding to the Booth


I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! 

Now it’s time to get really serious about Christmas shopping, so I’m adding goodies to the booth almost every day. If you have a vintage fan (maybe it's you!) on your shopping list, be sure to stop by even if you shopped with me during Open House. Most of the items I’m adding are things that I’ve found in the last few weeks. Check ‘em out…….

This first one is a real “dandy”……  Yep! a 1-gallon Dandy butter churn…..



Since cool weather makes us crave hot coffee, I’ve added an aluminum stovetop percolator. There’s also a gold stripe dishcloth and a set of “made in Japan” rooster/hen salt and pepper shakers…..



Of course, I’ll keep some “junk” around the booth…..  there's an old toolbox, a vintage wood-handled paintbrush, a large galvanized funnel and a handmade shovel scoop….



Lastly, I was jumping with joy to find this vintage Shawnee Winking Owl cookie jar with matching salt and pepper shakers. Yes….. they are the real deal, marked USA!




What vintage item is on your Christmas List?

I'm linking to the following party:
Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures  

7 comments:

  1. Love to find special treasures at local antique stores as gifts. So are vintage paint brushes becoming worth something? My husband literally has hundreds that are still new with wrappers on them from the 50-60's? His family has been painters since the 1920's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have pixies on my wish list (little knee huggers) but they are getting harder and harder to find. Love that old butter churn! Wow! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing vintage on my list. I need to get rid of way too much vintage things now. Loved seeing yours tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love all your vintage goodies especially the butter churn. Thanks for sharing your treasures at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great additions to the booth. You know If I lived closer I would shop your booth all the time! Love the butter churn, my Mom has one that was in her family for years. The cookie jar and s&p are so cute! I'm wishing for some vintage pottery for Christmas!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. The owls are just adorable, Sherry! How lucky you were to find both the cookie jar and shaker set!! Vintage anything is more fun than new stuff any day, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! The additions are really wonderful! You made my day! Thanks so much for the owls as well. They'll be on my list this Christmas.
    With warm hugs and Christmas mood,
    Judith
    Commented on Christmas is Coming at http://term-paper-research.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!