Thursday, November 5, 2015

Meet Angeline

Hello, blog friends! I would like for you to meet Angeline, my first junk angel.



Please be polite and pronounce her name “ann-juh-LEEN." She is a southern angel, you know!

I started with an old furniture leg for the body and added some ornate frame molding for her wings.



Her arms were fashioned from parts of an old folding ruler so they can actually move at the shoulders and elbows. She holds a heart-shaped cookie cutter.



Angeline’s head is the newest thing about her. It is a galvanized strap orb that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. Though it’s new, it seemed appropriate since HL is known for their faith-based business.



A wooden belt buckle became her halo. She is an impressive 25” tall.



Angeline will stand watch over my booth this Sunday at our Christmas Open House. If you are in the area, I hope you will stop by and visit with us.

  
Hope to see YOU at
Christmas Open House
Southern Antiques – downtown Laurel, MS
November 8, 2015
Noon to 5pm


I’m linking to the following party:


Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures

7 comments:

  1. She is charming! Good Luck this weekend!!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just the cutest junk angel! I love her movable arms and orb head. So clever, Sherry. Thanks so much for bringing Angeline to the VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your junk angel! I have never made one but that is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great angel! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish I could come to your Christmas open house, I would love to see all your great stuff.
    LOL at first I couldn't see your angel, then after looking at her a little longer like down to the last picture I could see her clearly , she is very creative indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great angel. I wish I was in your area so I could stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!