Wednesday, October 28, 2015

She Sells Seashells


With our Christmas Open House less than two weeks away I’m back to creating special projects for the event. In case you missed it, I took a little break from Christmas in last week’s post.

I recently bought an attractive, yet very plain, decorative box but it just screamed for something extra. 

BEFORE
BEFORE

I remembered some seashells that I had purchased at a yard sale, so I selected a pretty shell and glued it to the lid. The shell makes the perfect “knob” and feels so good in the hand.

AFTER


While I had my seashell stash on the work desk, I decided to create one more project. A vintage pivoting frame became the target for my beachy embellishment. 

BEFORE
The frame already had a textured sand-like finish, so I painted it gray (it was gold) and added three sweet shells to the bottom of the frame.

AFTER

CLOSEUP

Since the Gulf Coast is less than a two-hour drive away, we appreciate coastal living here. I hope one of these projects will be the perfect gift for someone’s beach-themed decor.



Save the Date:
Christmas Open House
November 8, 2015



I’m linking to the following party:


Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures

6 comments:

  1. Both of these projects look great, but I love the shell on the box!! Nov 8th will be here before you know it!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with seashells! We went to the beach on Monday and picked up a few more. You've given me some good ideas! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some really nice shells you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect way to dress up an ordinary frame and box. Very clever of you, Sherry. Thanks for sharing your seashell embellished treasures at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be so busy right now! I love the seashell on the box...just perfect. Good luck with your show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an old pivotal frame like yours. I was going to donate it but might rethink now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!