Thursday, October 8, 2015

Grab a Recipe


Every year about this time, I gather up all the old recipe cards, handwritten recipes and clipped recipes that I’ve bought at estate and yards sales throughout the year. Sometimes I find them in old recipe boxes. Other times I find them shoved into plastic bags by the estate sale professionals and priced to sell. I sort and bag them with a mixture of handwritten and clipped recipes and make them available at our Open House. The “grab bags” make fun stocking stuffers and I always sell out.



I’ve also managed to find a few old recipe boxes, too. I love the colorful metal ones by Ohio Art and J Chen.


Along with the recipes and recipe boxes this year, I’ve created a few cookbook/recipe card holders from cheese graters. I start with a flat grater and some miscellaneous junk….



And fashion a one-of-a-kind kitchen tool…..





  
Save the Date:
Christmas Open House
November 8, 2015


I'm partying with:

Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures

9 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for the recipe card holders!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the recipe card holders! Cute! I have lots of old recipe cards from my Mom, MIL, Step Mom and other friends. Its special to see their handwriting on those cards. I will keep them since they are treasures to me! My Mom had one of those old metal recipe boxes, wish I had it now.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea to package up old recipe cards, it's no wonder you sell out every year. LOVE your cheese grater recipe card holder creations. I'm thinking they'd make mighty fine picture holders too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe card holders made from graters is so unique. There is a new vintage link party Vintage Charm starting up this coming week on Thursday October 15th at 8:00 AM EST and I would love for you to join at http://www.bluewillowhouse.com. Hope to see you there

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to sell bags of recipes, i have saved tons of them over the years. I love the card holders....Genius i say!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kicking myself right now because I was just at a antique booth and they had quite a few graters and I wanted some, but had no idea what I would do with them. Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I wish I still had my old graters
    those are really cute and useful also

    ReplyDelete
  8. clever ideas Sherry ! hope all is well and you are having a splendid start of the selling season - Mel

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!