Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Golden Eagle

Early this summer I bought a floor lamp. It needed lots of TLC, but it worked and was priced right for resale. It featured a golden eagle which appealed to me in a patriotic sense; plus, the golden eagle is the mascot of my alma mater, The University of Southern Mississippi, which is just down the highway in Hattiesburg. Here’s the before….






Focusing on the eagle, I repainted the whole lamp with USM’s colors of black and gold. Then I began to look for a cone-shaped milk glass lamp globe to cover the bulb at the top. Well, my quick “flip” soon became a lengthy quest for the holy grail of lamp globes. Oh, yes, there were plenty of them online, but the shipping cost doubled the cost of the globe so I was determined to find one locally. After several weeks of searching and asking EVERYONE if they had one for sell, the owner of one of my favorite junking spots discovered one on his workbench! Yay!

So here’s the lamp now…..












I’ll let the new owner add a shade if they like, though I think it looks great as a torchiere and that majestic golden eagle appears prominent and proud.



I’m linking to the following party:

Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures


10 comments:

  1. I really like how it turned out! The search for the right shade made the difference I think!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice and I think you had the right idea painting it gold. Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job on it! It will be a quick seller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I bought an old floor lamp a couple of years ago with the intention of rewiring it to use in my house. It's still sitting in my garage! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the new owner will proudly show off his/her new Eagle lamp just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find and you did a great job bringing back to life. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did well, it looks lovely.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a unique piece, turned out great with your paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous! I picture it on the 4th of July with a flag draped over it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!