Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Thrill of the FIND – Part 2


Last week I told you about the thrill of finding the object of a two year search, the red bowl that completes my Pyrex Primary Colors mixing bowl set. I also promised to tell you about the other great things I found, so here’s the fulfillment of that promise….

The ½ gallon blue fruit jar is the one that I almost dropped when I spotted the red Pyrex bowl. I bought it along with a green Dur-X glass cake knife and a Hall/Westinghouse blue delphite refrigerator dish…



I love these old Hoosier jars…. One is marked for Tea…. And I just couldn’t resist an orphan red top shaker….



A Brownie Holiday camera found its way onto my pile along with a Dunhill vanity case that held lots of cool things inside…..




Check out these two clown reamers/juicers….. They were made in Japan and are in remarkably good shape….



If you have any moonshine that you need to pour up, I found just what you need….. a stoneware beehive jug….



I might have completed one set of mixing bowls, but I started another set! I have always loved these McCoy windowpane bowls but had only seen them in my reference books. 


Well, I now have 2 of them with only 5 more to find to complete the set of 7. Hmmm… this set might be a bit harder to complete, but I’ll enjoy the hunt!


Earlier that day I went to another estate sale and found this handy butcher block rolling cart and a very nice luggage rack with needlepoint straps…..





It was a good day of treasure hunting!

I'm linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures
Show and Share at Coastal Charm

11 comments:

  1. It was a great day! Those clown juicers are so precious, and I love that camera and all your jars too. Thanks for sharing your treasures at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vanity case is very nice. Sure brings back memories of having all of your cosmetics and perfume in a special bag. Throw in your jewels and you're ready to travel! heehee! Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your finds!! Those were great sales. I have one of the McCoy green windowpane bowls. I didn't know there were that many sizes!! I would have bought every item that you bought. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, what great finds. I love the start of the new McCoy bowl collection and while I don't like clowns, those are cute! The orphan salt shaker makes me smile!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been having some good luck junking and thrifting! I'm loving those two McCoy windowpane bowls...I'll be on the lookout for them over here in the Mobile area for you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your McCoy bowls are such a great find. It's not easy to find them when thrifting, but they are out there! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those clowns are amazing and not even a little bit scary! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had some great finds! I've had a bunch of those Hoosier cabinet jars for years now... and they just won't sell... even after marking them down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do haul a lot of treasures in LOL
    I have had at one time everyone of those items in my house except the clown juice reamers, which they are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that blue refrigerator dish! Is it like modern day Tupperware?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!