Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Weekend Finds



Last weekend was one of those weekends when it seemed that everyone was hosting a yard sale. There were too many sales to go to them all, so it was decision time. I selected a couple of sales that mentioned antiques, collectibles or “cleaning out the garage” and set out early Friday morning.  Here’s a few of the things I found….

A nice carved picture frame, a rusty pick hoe and an equally rusty weather vane arm…


close-up of the carved frame

 I was thrilled to find an old Six-16 Brownie Jr camera and an 8mm movie camera….



It seemed everyone had graniteware to sell, so I bought a skillet, a plate, 2 lids and 2 ladles…



I wish everyone had Pyrex to sell, but at least I found two pieces……



I was so excited to find this great old table that I painted before I even thought to take a “before” picture. Here it is in my booth…..




Did you make it to any yard sales?

I'm linking to the following party:

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants

10 comments:

  1. You had a very successful vintage day. It was too hot here over the weekend so there were not many sales going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No yard sales for me this past weekend, but I'm hoping to get back out there on Friday or Saturday. What a cute table, and I love the cameras!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather vane arm and the table were my favorite pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some cool items. I love the shape of that table you found!! I wish you were close by, I have Pyrex I'm ready to part with!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha I have not been to a yard sale this spring, I am trying to break myself since my house is or has been so full of vintage. I am selling lots of wonderful finds still .
    maybe it's an ole lady thing wanting to declutter my house LOL ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great treasures. I have not been to any yard sales yet. But I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I wish I could go treasure hunting. With sciatica problems this past 6 weeks, I have not been able to do photography, go to poetry readings, or go take pictures. Very depressing, So I "hunt" through bloggers like you for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stuff you found! The table is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great finds...The brownie cameras would make my heart skip!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!