Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Thrill of the FIND!


The thrill of the HUNT is certainly exciting, but finally discovering a special item you’ve been hunting for is even more thrilling for me.  I got to experience the “thrill of the FIND” this past weekend. So what have I been looking for? See if you can figure it out…..

A few years ago, I bought this small blue Pyrex bowl…..



Then a few months later I found this green Pyrex bowl…..



Last year I found the large yellow Pyrex bowl…..



They look so lovely together, but something’s missing! Do you know what it is?



Sure you do!!! You don’t have to be a Pyrex fanatic to know that the one bowl missing from this Primary Colors mixing bowl set is the red one that nestles between the green bowl and the blue bowl. I have been looking for that red bowl for almost two years, asking everyone I know to tell me if they see one at a flea market or thrift store.

Well, my sweet hubby accompanied me to a country estate sale last weekend about 30 miles away. It was held in an old house that must have been close to a hundred years old and the contents inside were left by several generations of one family. Deep in one of the kitchen cupboards, I spotted the red rim of a bowl peeking above a stack of bowls it was sitting in. I almost dropped the fruit jar I had in my hand when saw it. I had to remove a couple of layers of custard cups and refrigerator dishes, but there it was…..



The object of two years of hunting. The FIND! The red Pyrex bowl. My Primary Colors mixing bowl set is finally complete!




Oh, yes! I found more at that sale, but the discovery of the red #402 Pyrex bowl deserved a post all its own. I’ll share my other finds in the next post.


I'm linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

16 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! Now your set is complete. Great set of bowls.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on your find!!! Oh how we love the HUNT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! It feels so good to finally find something you've been searching for. I wish I had known...I have all four with an extra red one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers!! I know you have been looking for that bowl forever. I've never seen one so I'm oh so glad you spotted it and now your primary bowl set is complete! Doing the happy dance for you!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, I often see them, but the red ones always seem to be in the worst condition with so much of the color worn off....Certainly worth a 30 minute drive!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Don't you just love it when you finally find something you've been searching for? Congrats!!!
    Judy @ judypimperl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! Congratulations on finding it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! The red bowl is seriously always the most beat up bowl from the set! You were lucky to find such a nice one. Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you !!!!
    Even though I am purging I would go to a country estate sale where people had lived there all their lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful set of nested bowls. Good for you for persisting and finally finding the object of your desires. Hope your DH and your DM are doing well. Melody

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nowadays finding all colors is so hard to do. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE them -- individually and collectively!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good for you!! Happy 4th, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Pyrex bowl collection is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sherry, that is great! I bet you appreciate the bowls more because of the way you found them than if you bought a complete set at an antique store. The hunt is half the fun!

    Hugs,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh... I am so jealous. I have been looking for the red bowl for 4 years. Congrats on your find.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!