Thursday, May 28, 2015

Upcycling a Few Items



I’ve actually completed a few projects over the last couple of weeks. I began each project with a vintage item and added some chalk paint, sometimes more. Here’s what I’ve been up to……

These wooden apple trivets appeared more orange than red....

Before
So I shined them up a bit….

After


A heavy mirror with a carved sunflower just wasn’t sunny enough for me...

Before

So I brightened it up a bit……

After



This wood tray with a botanical print looked tired...

During.... I forgot to take a Before! Imagine dark wood.

So I added cork and a pineapple stencil and freshened it up a bit…..

After

Every little bit helps!

11 comments:

  1. Mercy, you did wonders on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every little bit really does help, and your little changes made all the difference. Love that pretty mirror. Great job Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every little bit really does help, and your little changes made all the difference. Love that pretty mirror. Great job Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving that mirror! Great job. Isn't it amazing what some paint can do?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you transformed those things. The mirror is gorgeous now.

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the touch to make things so much cuter! I love the mirror and that tray. I would never have thought to put cork on the bottom..clever!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry,
    I love all of your projects but especially the mirror. It's amazing what a coat of paint will do, isn't it?
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I really love the mirror and the tray is so cool!
    Sorry, it's been so long. Finally getting my kitchen remodeled. Many things happening at once!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find that I often have to tweak everything a little Good call on the mirror!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tweaks! That pineapple is just perfect. I think I need to do some tweaks, too!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!