Thursday, April 9, 2015

First 2015 City-Wide Yard Sale



Our city’s first City-Wide Yard sale of 2015 was held a couple of weeks ago. We have one approximately every four months. I love these events because they are held in a climate controlled building and there are 50+ vendors to shop with. Not all vendors deal in vintage items, but there are enough that do to make the sale a “must attend” event.

The City-Wide sales have become too big for Mom to tackle. I miss her keen eye plus she helped carry some of the lighter items.  Knowing I wouldn’t have an extra hand, I purchased a rolling basket to carry my purchases as I shopped. It was one of the best purchases I’ve ever made and I had several people comment that the cart was a smart idea. I agreed!

Though this is not all I bought, here are the things I think you will enjoy seeing….

The first purchase of the morning was a sweet yellow Princess sewing basket…




I also bought several Blue Willow plates and set of Blue Willow salt and pepper shakers…



A pretty cup and saucer made it into the cart, along with a pink birdcage. I don’t think the birdcage is very old, but it has a nice vintage vibe to it...



One vendor provided several fun finds….. an old Maid of Honor muffin tin, a small enamelware bowl w/lid and a gold Pyrex cinderella bowl. I missed the larger Town and Country bowl by mere seconds… Ugh!



Finally, I purchased a vintage 9-square quilt to top off my rolling stash and it was time to call it a morning.



When I got home, I logged everything in and checked the items more closely. I got a nice surprise when I turned the quilt over and discovered some sweet vintage material on the back side……



The vintage European print especially caught my eye because I know so many of you love a Parisian theme and the Eiffel Tower was prominently depicted…..






I also thought a blue/yellow child’s print was special…..




Happy Spring, y’all!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you found lots of treasures...love those blue willow plates.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my kind of sale; I sure wish we had something like this on a regular basis around here. You sure stashed some wonderful goodies in your cart. The quilt is adorable and I love the sewing basket and bird cage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buys for the first big sale of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been tempted to use a baby stroller as a shopping cart at such sales. Now I am old enough to use a rollator. Wonder if I should borrow my mom's? You found some good buys! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a cart if I go back to the WLYS but not sure I will, it's so hot in August! Love the quilt and that vintage Paris fabric!! Also the sweet baby fabric, I love the designs on old fabric. Lots of great finds, so I think you did very well.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, fun, a city wide garage sale. May is when they are here. LOVE the birdcage :) It's trying to snow right now...where is spring?!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is beautiful and I love that old fashioned fabric on the back! You did great! What fun too! Enjoy your evening my friend. I'm praying for your sweet Mom. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that pink birdcage! I didn't know about this city-wide yard sale...I'll have to make a trip over for the next one now that I have a shop to fill. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun finds! I am drooling over the pretty birdcage, and I love the Eiffel Tower print in the quilt! I would have had a blast shopping at all of those sales!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds. Especially love that quilt.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea--city wide yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What nice finds. That vintage Paris fabric is sweet! The sewing basket is my very favorite. I would have a hard time parting with it.

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!