Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"GROW"

This wrought iron plant stand has been on my back porch for a couple of years now.



I bought it to re-sell, but after I got it home I noticed that one of the bottom curly leg supports was missing. You can see the flaw in the picture below. The stand was still quite substantial, so I’ve been using it to hold my Christmas cactus.



Even though it didn’t really need the extra support, that missing leg just bothered me. So recently I found a piece of pegboard (pictured above) that I thought might add a little something to the plant stand.



I “embroidered” the word GROW onto the pegboard with some old nylon cord I found in my husband’s workshop and then wired the sign to the plant stand in place of the missing support.



Now it’s ready for the booth and a new home. The pegboard gave a little extra support to the stand and, hopefully, the sign will encourage its future occupant to grow to its full potential.





I’m linking to the following party:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures  

11 comments:

  1. creative
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great save Sherry. That happens to me all the time, I get so excited when I find something and don't notice the flaws until I get home. I love what you did with the pegboard, so clever and unique. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenuity at work!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one would ever know a curly leg was missing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see way you would to keep it. You do not find many like that now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, what a perfect fix...Hum...I think you should keep it!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry,
    This is a neat idea...lovin' it.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a smart fix! And your cactus is beautiful! Mine is pitiful! lol Happy Spring sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the results of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so clever Sherry! I'm glad to hear your mom is enjoying getting out in the car. It's important to keep her as active as possible. Hope you and your family have a joyous Easter and enjoy a chocolate bunny or two. Melody

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!