Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Few Finds… Some are Green!

I miss you all! Mom is improving, but taking care of her still comes first and that means I don’t get to blog as much as I would like. We still need your prayers and appreciate your kind thoughts.

Mom likes to “go for a ride” in my car when the weather is not too rainy or cold.  If we see a yard sale along the way, we’ll stop and she will watch from the car while I check out the merchandise. I’ve managed to pick up a few goodies here and there, so I thought I would show you a few of those finds.

I read somewhere that blue is popular again. When was it ever unpopular? I found a set of kitchen utensils that match the ever popular cornflower blue pattern found on vintage Corning Ware, a blue/white crockery baking dish and a blue/white Johnson Bros bread and butter plate….




Sticking with the blue theme…… This Hall “Moderne” teapot is decorated in cadet blue with gold embellishments….




I also found a large ornate silver on copper tray, some vintage wooden hangers and a signed book by TN congresswoman Marsha Blackburn. Ms. Blackburn is actually from my hometown and graduated from my high school…..




I don’t usually buy dolls, but this little Eugene doll was so cute and she came with a Longaberger basket cradle. There were also a couple of bird figurines. The blue one is a Royal Copley and the green one is marked '65.'



I promised you a few green items, so how about some jadeite? It’s hard to find, but I “lucked out” and scored a few pieces…..




Happy St. Patrick’s Day!


11 comments:

  1. Sherry, When I would read your blog over the last few years I could just see you and your Mom out hunting. I so missed my Mom who was my co shopper. Glad you could get her out for a ride and know I am sending a hug and prayers for you both. The Johnson Bros plate is my Grandmothers every day dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you and your mom were able to get out together for a little quality junkin' time. I'm sure your mom loves just being out and about with you even though she stays in the car. Love those hangers and the tarnished silver tray. I display my jadeite and even use the mugs for my morning coffee fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your finds -- especially the Longaberger basket cradle. I have a few of their baskets. You do have an expert "eye" for finding treasures.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your mother is able to get out some. I know she enjoys going with you. I love that cute little doll and the nice kitchen things you've found. Enjoy your week sweet friend. You are always in my prayers. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy St Patrick's Day to you too. Hugs for you and your Mom. Good finds on advertising hangers. They are pretty scarce in my area. The thrift stores have raised the prices on these type of hangers to as much as a collectibles mall sells them for.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jadite - that's always a winner. We never find that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jadeite is SO hard to come by (at a decent price)! You did get lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy your Mom is doing so much better. Getting out for a ride and her watching you shop is pretty great! Love your finds. The doll is adorable and I love the Jadeite! Oh and Blue is always in as far as I'm concerned!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have a very nice blog dear
    i am following you, please follow back.
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found some goodies. Hope your mom continues to improve. My parents have been my priority the last few months so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!