Thursday, February 19, 2015

Victorian Frame Chalkboard



A year or so ago I bought a large ornate Victorian Frame at a yard sale. Measuring approximately 39” x 26” it commands your attention even in its “before” condition.

Before

Since almost all of my chalkboards had sold over the Christmas shopping season, I needed to replenish my stock, so this large-and-in-charge frame became next on my list for a make-over.

I decided on a hazy gray color and mixed my own chalk paint. I then painted/distressed most of the frame, but decided to dry-brush the highly carved section near the outside edge. I added a chalkboard that I made from a piece of thin plywood (from Lowe’s) and penned a happy quote I found on Pinterest.




She looks much happier now, don’t you think?


  

Note: Thanks so much to all of you for our kind and supportive comments 
concerning my Mom. 
We feel your prayers every hour and are lifted up and encouraged by them. 



I'm linking to the following party:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures  

6 comments:

  1. I love that frame and would have bought it in an instant. You picked a perfect shade of gray to bring out all the details. Perfect message too! Thanks Sherry for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame turned chalkboard is just gorgeous, Sherry! Love the carving and the color you painted it. Sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, what a gorgeous frame and your paint choice is perfect. Love that message also. Hugs to you!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was so nice meeting you yesterday! Glad we exchanged cards and I made it to your blog this morning...I can tell I'm going to enjoy following you as you play and create...adding you to my blogroll now. Love the chalkboard!
    judypimperl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!