Monday, February 9, 2015

First Things First


I can’t believe it’s been nearly a month since my last post but it’s been a time I have been dreading for a while. I just didn’t know when it would arrive. My aging Mom, my partner in treasure-hunting, has developed some health problems. The past few weeks have been spent in taking care of her immediate needs and setting up her future comfort and care. In other words, her well-being has been/is at the top of my to-do list… She comes first and as she improves I will be able to re-add my own activities to my schedule.

My blog posts don’t usually include personal issues, but since I have mentioned Mom so often, I wanted you to know and to ask for your prayers. I have a new-found respect and admiration for those of you that have/are taking caring of your aging parents and loved ones.




With that said, I want those of you that are local readers/friends/customers to know that my booth is still open and fully stocked for you. I have plenty of inventory even if I don’t have time to shop many estate or yard sales right now. Blog posts are close to the bottom of my to-do list for now, but I will be keeping the booth stocked and my Back2Vintage Pinterest board up-to-date. I will publish posts and visit your blogs as time permits.





Thank you for understanding! 
Please keep us in your prayers!

17 comments:

  1. I've missed reading your blog, always one of my favorites. Sorry to hear about your Mom; it is coming my way too and I dread it, as my Mom is going to be 80 and my Dad is going to be 87 this March. Both have had health issues, some very serious, and I am blessed they are still semi-active! They came to visit me (my mom drove) from FL to GA at New Years and ALL of us were sick with the crud the whole entire time. Wasn't visit of our dreams and no thrift store shopping for me and Mom! Anyways, you and your Mom are IN my prayers !!!
    GADawn57

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly understand as I went through that for several years with my husband. Now my sister is really going through some terrible times as caretaker for her husband. Trust m e it is harder on the caretaker than the patient. Dig for inner strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I understand. Sending you hugs and keeping you and your Mom in my prayers.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so blessed to have each other Sherry. Your sweet Mom comes first!! Take good care of YOU too, and I will be keeping you both in my prayers. Cute, cute, cute button heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers your way!! Family is always first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Momma's are the best things on earth and when yours needs you, everything else can wait. I am glad you posted today so we know what's going on and will be praying for her and you. Don't waste a moment that you can spend with her doing things that can wait. One day you will have all the time in the world. I really miss my mom. Life can be good after they are gone, but its never the same. Hugs girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm keeping your mother in my prayers and hope she regains her strength and good health. I'm praying for you too my friend. Hang in there! Sweet Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so sorry, Yes, I take care of my Mom and it is difficult. The stress comes because we love them so much! I will put Mom on my nightly prayer list...Would love to know her name, I always figure God is so busy that I like to give him as much detail as I can.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping your mom in my prayers. Take care of yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Family comes before blogging! Take care of your Mom and yourself!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you and your sweet mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry! I totally understand and really, forget about all of us, we'll be here whenever things even out a bit. I'll keep your mom in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sherry, I am so sorry about your mom. I am sending up prayers! I know how hard it is to deal with things when there is something wrong with a parent. I wanted to add I love the button heart. Have a Happy Valentine's Day.

    Hugs,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherry I am so sorry to hear about your dear mom's failings and ill health of late. It is a day that all children dread - seeing their dear parents start to fail either mentally or physically or both. I am praying for your and your mom and DH too. Blogs and booths and all the fun things have to take a back seat to what is most important in your life. hugs my friend - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I almost missed your post, Sherry. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom's been having health issues. I know just how stressful that can be having an aging parent, and when they aren't at your best. Sending prayers for both you and your dear mom.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes dear we all go through taking care of our parents.
    Now I wish I had been able to stay home and take care of my parents instead of work the 8-5 job. They deserve it

    Your Mom may be down for a while then you both will be hitting the path again together

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!