Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sweet Hearts and Pretty Plates

A friend referred me to a friend of hers that had some vintage things to sell. I love those “I have a friend” contacts, because I get to meet some great people that I might not have met otherwise and I don’t have to stand in a long line to see the things they want to sell. The seller turned out to be an elderly lady that just wanted to downsize a little and I was so happy to oblige her.

I only bought a few things, but the most interesting purchases were her decorative plates. Take a look at some the pretty plates she had…..

Many were hand-painted!

Since Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, I have already displayed them in my booth. I think any one of them would make a sweet gift for Mom, Grandma or anyone that loves shabby chic décor.


Another purchase was this pair of vintage Fitz and Floyd swan candle holders. Look closely!



If you put their beaks together, their necks form a heart. Sweet!


Speaking of hearts…. I felt a little “crafty” this week and I fashioned a lacy heart from an old coat hanger and bits of vintage fabric, crochet and old buttons.


The linen square in the center is actually a pocket where one can slip in a little note.....


or a small gift (jewelry, maybe?).....


I added the “key to my heart” and a hanging wire.....



  
Don’t you think it would also make a unique jewelry organizer?

  

I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have friends with friends who are trying to downsize. You both came out winners. Love your heart and what a clever idea to add the little pocket and key. Thanks Sherry for bringing it to the Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love friends of friends' -- and I love the plates and swans -- and I love the crafted heart! You have a special "eye" for treasures, among your many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom loves swans and these are so pretty and I do love the heart! Fabulous plates, I love the pretty blue and pink one. Your heart is so sweet...cute idea for a note or gift!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty plates and it is nice to have a "friend of a friend" to buy treasures from.
    LOVE the heart! It would make a nice holder for ones jewels!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your heart is so pretty, Jan! I love that you used what you already had on hand. The crochet work is gorgeous, and the pocket is perfect for stashing gifts, or even gift cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart is adorable! You are quite the crafty one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lace heart with a secret pocket. I bet it would be wonderful for your ear rings. Glad you got to help someone downsize and bring new things into your booth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lace heart is adorable, what a great idea! Those swans are beautiful, thank you for sharing.

    Smiles,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that heart you made!!!! Gorgeous. I hope you are well.
    I have finally posted something on my blog after all of this time. Feels good to get back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherry, Love all your pretty treasures!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!