Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Year-End City-Wide Yard Sale

I’ve told you before about the City-Wide Yard sales held at our city’s multi-purpose building. Since they are held inside, there are no weather worries so shopping is the main concern. There are three sales per year and the final sale of 2014 was held last weekend. Mom decided not to go this time, so I was on my own. I sure could have used one of those rolling shopping baskets. Even without one, I carried home these goodies….

A shell-pink Baltimore Pear creamer, a gorgeous demitasse cup/saucer, a crystal butter dish and a doily…….



4 Boopie juice glasses and 2 Avon Cape Cod ruby candle holders…..



A few Little Golden Books…..



Wet/dry measuring cup, vintage metal matchbox holder, nut grinder and biscuit/donut cutter….



Of course, Pyrex! Snowflake open sugar & creamer and Spring Blossom Green butter dish…



I found all of the above in my first trip around the building. I decided to make an additional round and I am so glad I did. Look what was hiding under a table….



A vintage Towne leather suitcase…..



 It even came in handy for carrying 
some of my purchases to the car!

  
I’m linking to the following parties:


Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures

9 comments:

  1. Wow - lots of great finds! It's nice that you have a place for an indoor event like this, so that you can still go to yard sales during winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! Most of the items you found are identical to ones I use regularly. And they have been on my kitchen shelves for almost 45 years! Guess you would have fun "shopping" in my cupboards! Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great sale like that sounds like so much fun right now! I can't believe all the treasures you found!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds at a great sale!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I'm swooning over that pink creamer~ Of course the red biscuit cutter could come live with me or those pretty red candlesticks. If you find any vintage children's books about cowboys I would love to buy them from you. Tiger is all about cowboys right now!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every city needs a sale like this that's held indoors. Loving all your end of the year bargains especially the suitcase and the metal match holder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have an indoor garage sale here in Columbia at a local convention center in February and it's a great turn out . I always take vintage items to sell.
    You found some fun pieces especially the leather suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! I love the matchbox holder and the pyrex!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!