Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Well, Bowl Me Over!



When Mom and I go to local estate sales, we expect to find the usual vintage china, like this old platter…..

15" platter by Owen China

There’s always kitchenware to choose from……

McCoy butter dish, F. Stewart pottery pitcher, sugar server

Vintage linen is usually available…..

Jean d'Orly hankie, Christmas tree hand towel, embroidered hand towel

Even old Polaroid cameras are fairly easy to find……




I found all of the above at a recent sale. Good finds, but nothing particular unusual. What I found next, though, was a first for me……



Yep, an old Brunswick bowling pin...




Call me crazy, but I had to buy it!



I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

Thrifty Things Friday at Melissa’s Antiques

10 comments:

  1. Yes! I would have bought the bowling pin also! Just a great accent piece!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that proves it....you never know what you'll find! A bowling pin! How fun! Love the vintage linens, too! Enjoy your afternoon my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just never know what's going to pop up at these sales. I found my first and only bowling pin a few years ago and ended up putting a face on it and dressing it in jewels. I'm so weird, lol. Thanks for sharing with us at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did very well with your finds. I love all vintage linens and have sooo many

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I would have bought that bowling pin too! Great finds. That dog towel is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -- love all your finds -- especially the bowling pin! Knowing you, it will be put to beautiful, good use!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great finds, I love that bowling pin!!!!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have purchased the bowling pin too...just because it is so unique and brings back memories of simpler, younger days. How do you think you are going to display it? Hmmm...I'll be thinking of ideas for you all day!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!