Thursday, October 9, 2014

Storage Unit Sale


Hubby and I went out of town a few days ago to visit relatives. Of course, I checked estatesales.net before we left and found an interesting vintage sale close to our destination. When we arrived at the sale address, we were surprised to find that the location was a storage facility. The sellers explained that the contents of an old Victorian house had to be moved to the storage unit and the sale was being conducted there because the house had been sold.

I quickly amassed a small stack of unique items. Here’s what I found….

A large oval cream/green enamelware pan and two large bed springs…..



An old blue batter bowl and a gingham check apron….



A colorful vintage tablecloth and a cute little wooden crate…..



A great stack of old sewing machine drawers…..



And, finally, a large yellow/brown spatter footed enamelware bowl…





I did my “happy dance” as we left the sale!


  
I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Thrifty Things Friday at Melissa’s Antiques

13 comments:

  1. Love it all! Oh those sewing machine drawers are so nice! I'd be doing a happy dance also.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be doing the happy dance as well - great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finds! Thanks for sharing @ TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your old sewing machine drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely time for the happy dance - love everything especially the blue batter bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking everywhere for some sewing machine drawers. Planning on junking this weekend. Hoping for some treasures myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great sale....I would have done the happy dress too! I love finding sewing drawers

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are all great items and I would have picked them up also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The happy dance is always better than the sad walk when leaving a sale! Congrats on your scores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! My favorite are the sewing machine drawers. Aren't they so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really scored at this sale. The rusty old bedsprings really caught my eye...now I'm thinking up uses for them and hope this won't lead me to collecting bedsprings here in Maine...I've got enough collections! Really enjoy your blog! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love ALL of your goodies, especially those sewing machine drawers! Gorgeous detail. What will you do with them?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!