Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Country Estate Sale


Country estate sales are usually lots of fun, so Mom and I took advantage of the opportunity to attend one a couple of weekends ago. Mom likes to look at the scenery on the way, but she has to look quickly because I can’t wait to look at the vintage treasures once we get to the sale!

It wouldn’t be a country sale without a quilt so I bought one, along with an old Belber suitcase…..



This miniature brass oil lamp…..


has its own holder so one could carry it from place to place safely….



La Solana pottery comes in several matte glazes, but the soft turquoise always catches my eye. I was excited to find a bowl, mug and salt-pepper set….



The country kitchen was a treasure trove of goodies. I found a Pyrex divided casserole, a Mrs. Smith’s Mello-Rich pie plate, a Foley tin reamer, 2 tin measuring spoon sets and 2 green-handled cookie cutters…..



More kitchen utensils…. 3 graters, tin measuring cup and scoop…



Since Christmas is all but here (actually it has already arrived at the big retail stores) I spotted a 1947 Christmas annual that contains beautiful graphics. Take a look….





Don’t you just love country estate sales?



I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

9 comments:

  1. Yes!! I love them and any sales with vintage! Your finds are fabulous!! Going to an antique/barn sale tomorrow...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to tag along with you sometime, too! I'm loving the quilt and would like to hear more about it! Great buys my friend! Enjoy your day! hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the graphics in the Christmas book and it looks like it's in really good condition. Good thing you scooped up that quilt and suitcase because I'm sure they wouldn't last long. Thanks for sharing your treasures at VIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great stuff - especially the quilt and suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kitchen items especially! Great finds.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen finds are awesome!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love country sales and auctions, I prefer country tag sales where you can just go in and pick out what you want pay the price and go home happy.
    Love all the kitchen gadgets

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finds, yet again, Sherry! The vintage suitcase is so neat! Around here, estate sales are usually just a bunch of overpriced junk!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!