Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Time to Show Some Fall Colors

A couple of weeks ago, I told you about some of the items I bought when I was invited to preview a friend’s upcoming yard sale. I promised that I would show you more of the great things I bought that day and I’m fulfilling that promise with this post.

Booth display

I didn’t show you these particular items because I wanted to wait until after Labor Day when I like to create at least one booth display in fall/Halloween colors. I hope you like orange and black!


This large orange ceramic lazy susan with a black revolving base is perfect for fall parties…



You’ll also need orange placemats and napkins…



You can invite everyone to the party on your orange trimline phone…



And be sure to serve some goodies on this large starry owl Couroc of Monterrey tray...




I also have a seasonal project to show you, too. I know you’ve seen the pumpkins made out of rusty mason jar rings. They are all over Pinterest and the DIY blogs. Well, I had to try one for myself.



I used 14 jar rings, a stick from the yard, burlap “leaves” and some jute rope to tie it all together.



I also glued the rings to a circle of cardstock on the bottom of the pumpkin just to give it a little extra support.



I’m ready for cooler weather! 
How about you?


I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures  
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Thrifty Things Friday at Melissa’s Antiques

14 comments:

  1. That jar ring pumpkin is ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orange phone!! Your display is cute as can be and I love the jar lid pumpkin!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prettiest jar lid pumpkin I have seen! Love the "bushed orange" instead of total orange. Love the Fall colors -- amazed at the telephone -- never seen an orange one before!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really like the jar rings made into a pumpkin
    I can't seem to get anything made this year
    NO I am not ready for cool weather LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of Fall. It's not my favorite season but I love the colors. I've been getting a few things out to decorate my home. No orange phone though! heehee! I didn't know they came in that color! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen an orange phone. So cute! I love the jar lids pumpkins. I've been wanting to try this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your booth is all set for fall! Fun pumpkins with lids! First time I've seen it.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that orange phone, that's not something you see every day. I'm sure everything will be flying out of your booth. Love your mason jar ring pumpkin, that's something I've been wanting to try, but you know how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen the mason lid pumpkins before...They are adorable!! How great that you do holiday themes in your booth...I seldom did that and you do such a great job of it!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cooler weather seems to be arriving here in Oregon along with earlier and earlier nightfall... You're smart to stash autumn items. I always seem to skip ahead to Christmas. Can't wait, I guess. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved decorating for fall at the mall. Finding orange things wasn't easy!
    You have quite a bit there! Love all your projects you have been working on. Can't believe its that time again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fall things. I want to make a jar ring pumpkin now! It is so cute!

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for mason jar rings now. That pumpkin is just too cute! Thanks for sharing your version of it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!