Thursday, September 4, 2014

Projects aPlenty!



I hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day weekend! There were no yard sales or estate sales to shop around here, but I had plenty of projects to occupy my time. I will be holding some of these items for the upcoming Christmas Open House in early November. Other projects will go straight to the booth. Tell me what you think.....

I found an old cutting board a few months ago. I also bought some cabinet handles at a local salvage store because I thought they would come in handy one day. I used dark walnut stain to darken it, applied a coat of paste wax and added the handles.

BEFORE

AFTER


I picked up this luggage rack at an estate sale 2 years ago. It’s been patiently sitting in the garage waiting for repair.

BEFORE

 
AFTER

Two wooden lantern bases I bought recently needed a little something extra. That something was a little paint. I dry-brushed red paint on the dark one, chalkpainted the flat one, waxed them and added a hurricane globe to each.

BEFORE

AFTER


Lastly, a little fold-up camping stool needed some lovin’......

BEFORE

 The leg from an old pair of jeans, plus a few special touches of embroidery…




And this little stool can “rough it” outdoors or "be cute" indoors….

AFTER


 Do you have a favorite?

  
I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Thrifty Things Friday at Melissa’s Antiques

8 comments:

  1. Love all of these ideas. Hmm, I think my favorite is the cutting board...or the luggage stand with the jute webbing. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are all real smart ideas and I think they will work out great for someone

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all! I think I might copy your idea for the camp stool. I have about 6 waiting to be fixed/prettied up. If I had to choose it would be the cutting board but it is hard as they are all great. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all -- you are so talented!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects! I love the wood board and the candle holders the best, but they are all fabulous!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all...I have a luggage rack that has been sitting for a long time too..You have inspired me!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your projects @ TTF! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!