Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Preview Pick!

I count it as an honor when a friend invites me to preview a downsizing/estate sale before the actual event. It’s fun for me, I get to buy before the other shoppers, the friend doesn’t have to price as many items AND she gets some free appraisals in the process.

That honor was bestowed on me a few days ago so Mom and I got to spend a couple of hours digging, picking and buying some great items. I’m sharing just a few of the things that I purchased that day and will be showing more in an upcoming post… I promise!

We found a Sadler teapot and three teak trivets….



A pair of ceramic “cabbage leaf” candle holders….wax drippings included!



A set of 6 French ramekins….



A pretty celluloid vanity box…..



And finally, a pair of binoculars with case and a vintage Aladdin vacuum bottle with its original packaging still attached.


  

Old friends are the best antiques!

I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Inspiration Link Party at My Salvaged Treasures
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Thrifty Things Friday at Melissa’s Antiques





14 comments:

  1. Lucky you! No crowds to fight and no competition, the best kind of sale ever. You sure found some great treasures and I look forward to seeing what else you brought home. Thanks for sharing at VIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little ramekins are SO pretty! Lucky you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good! Love the remekins!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that! I love the bird ramekins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun and you did find some pretties for sure. Love that little celluloid box! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish I could pre view some of the estate sales. however I am really breaking myself from bringing one more dish in this house. I have a couple cabinets full to sell to anyone who wants them , wish you were closer LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool to have friends that let you know about such things! And those binoculars are a great find for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blog! I think you had way too much fun...lol. What a great opportunity. I do love it all. Yes, I have that problem too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those bird ramekins - lucky you to get a pre-sale pick. I have a friend who is assisting a friend in running estate sales. She loves doing it. Her house is awesome and full of great stuff. Hey do you still have that 5 gal mason pickle jar? Hope you and Rodney are doing well. Thank goodness summer is almost over. It's been dreadfully hot here but better this week. Have a happy Labor Day weekend - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet friend to let you shop before hand. I especially like the decorated vanity box. I've got quite a collection of dresser jars myself :)
    Have a great week-end,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry,
    Aren't you lucky to get to see all the vintage goodies before the sale opens...love the thermos and binoculars. Hope you are having a relaxing Labor Day weekend...hate to see summer go! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love ALL your finds my friend and so lucky to see them before hand! Adorabñe remekins, but no, they're all fab!
    Have a blessed week ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your finds - especially the Aladdin thermos with the original label. Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!