Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fly, Robin, Fly!

Do you ever discover that your treasure-hunting takes on an unplanned theme of its own? You know…one weekend you find an old platter that matches the pattern your Grandma used on special occasions and the next weekend you find another piece in the same pattern. I recently found an old first aid kit ….. then found another one a couple of weeks later. You get the idea.


Well, here we go again! This time the theme is birds, hence the title of this post! Just look at all the things I found last weekend that are “for the birds.”

A set of New Martinsville wall pockets…..



An oh-so-cute salt and pepper set with yellow birds sitting on a branch….



This Shawnee wall pocket features a beautiful bird design….



Another set of salt and pepper shakers...this time it’s winking owls...also Shawnee!



An embroidered owl graces this old dresser scarf…..



And check out this delicate glass bird stopper….it could possibly be a Nina Ricci perfume bottle stopper made by Lalique!



Wall pockets might be the secondary theme here.  This gorgeous vintage 3-piece set of wall pockets feature flamingos…..made in Occupied Japan!



What was your latest treasure-hunting theme?


I'm linking to the following parties:
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Thrifty Things Friday at Melissa's Antiques

18 comments:

  1. I really like the color of the Shawnee bird wall pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Swanee pottery. The blue is so pretty. Don't think I've ever seen this in a wall pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I haven't had a theme lately - just buying lots and lots of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for sharing at TTF! :)

      Delete
  4. The flamingos sure are cute and I love the linens you find. It seems like whenever I find one of something...the next time I go, I find another one. I have a thrift store find for tomorrow's post. Have fun! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've noticed themes in my thrifting adventures sometimes too. Sometimes it just happens that way. Love the Shawnee owls especially.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry - my mom collects a few bird wall pockets and she also has an extensive collection of Hull pottery pieces. Also pink Mayfair depression glass. She is the collector in our family. You would love to see her stuff. Hope you and R are well - summer is here - take care Melody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it funny how this happens? We can go for months or years without finding something, then all of a sudden it we're finding it everywhere. Love all your owl themed treasures. I'm sure you're researching that beautiful bottle stopper. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love all the bird themed finds. I don't think I've had much inspiration in thrifting lately. Hopefully I'll make some great finds soon!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love that pottery! Goodness I have not been out junking for forever!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. My grandmother loved wall pockets -- she had some with birds in her living room. Sometimes wonder: whatever happened to them?

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it funny how things happen like that? Birds is a fun theme and so wonderful in summer booths! I hope you are having sunny days and plenty of sales. I haven't been to one since the city wide, so nothing new here. I am afraid to go until I can figure out what to do with all I have now! ;) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are on a roll, Sherry! I love birds, yours are great finds! Seems like when you aren't looking for anything in particular that is when you find something amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bird finds. It has been happening to me lately with lots of vintage sewing items. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so true! It happens to me too--that I once I find one, I find several. Hmmm, that might be why I have so many collections. haha.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love bluebirds!!! The older I get, the more I love birds!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love the bluebirds. Your blog is such a delight.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!