Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Latest Finds!


Mom and I made it to a couple of yard sales and a thrift store last weekend; and, thanks to a sweet friend, we were invited to preview a yard sale that contained some estate sale items of her relative. Here’s a few of the things we found…..

Several Little Golden Books...even a Little Little Golden Book (bottom left)....



A small Pyrex Homestead bowl and a cobalt milk pitcher…..



Pink Indiana Glass Hen-on-Nest and a pretty perfume bottle….



Here’s a better shot of that perfume bottle, plus a very nice round art deco wall mirror….



A kitchen step stool is always a good find, plus I discovered several kitchen utensils and a rare box of Mendets….you know, those round metal plugs used to repair graniteware…



Lastly, there was one more find for you us Pyrex addicts...a divided casserole with matching Verde lid…





Hope your treasure hunting brings you a thrill!



I’m linking to the following parties:

What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

12 comments:

  1. I remember my aunt having a covered casserole like this one! Of course, I love the pink hen on her nest!

    Great finds!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry you found some wonderful things. I love that mirror and perfume bottle! I like the Verde pattern and have several pieces! I think I have that little blue pitcher also! I sure wish you could shop my stash for your booth!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds Sherry! Our season is just about to start. I'm excited!

    Have a great day,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really scored! It helps to know people in high places, lol. My favorites...the perfume bottle, the glass hen, and the cobalt blue pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff! We had a step stool like that one a hundred years ago! Avon did a lot of bell bottles...I used to have some of them, so maybe that's one. You did good, again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Pyrex! You sure had some good shopping luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Little Golden Book & the step stool! I use mine several times a day and don't know what I would do without it :-)

    Glad to see you are finding some treasures.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. the chicken on the nest reminds me of my Mom she loved those dishes.
    I have a few old ones of hers
    The perfume bottle was the good find
    seems like my best finds are from friends parents houses
    all good stuff for you to find

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you to have garage sales already! It is way too cold here for them. That's so nice your mom can still get out with you to enjoy some treasure hunting! Love that cobalt blue pitcher! And the step stool is neat, I love finding well made pieces like that from the past, that are useful to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like some great finds at the preview sale. It was SO great seeing you last month. Thanks for looking me up - it meant a lot to me. My best to you and Rodney - Hugs Melody

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul, I love that perfume bottle! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize the Golden books were collectors items...I just gave away a bunch to Salvation Army...Oh well, I probably made someone's day! Loving that cobalt blue pitcher. I haven't been on the hunt yet this year. Really missing it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!