Monday, March 17, 2014

Another City-Wide Yard Sale


Happy St. Paddy’s Day to all of you! The luck of the Irish was with me recently when Mom and I attended one of the City-Wide yard sales held at our multi-purpose center. These city-wide sales are held about 3 times a year in a climate controlled building so, thankfully, no big concerns about weather.


Among the treasures we found are these goodies……

An old enamelware bucket, a vintage recipe box, a red-handled rolling pin and a tiny girl-with-a-hat vase made in Japan….




Mom found this enamelware “rose” pie plate and I added a rocker cutter and Pyrex Crazy Daisy butter dish to the pile…..




There was more Pyrex to be found…..a #404 primary yellow mixing bowl, a Spice o’ Life sugar shaker and a set of salt & pepper shakers….




Not wanting to disappoint those of you with a love of rust, I found another, and MUCH larger, First Aid box. This one dwarfs the other one I found a couple of weeks ago, but this one didn’t have any goodies inside (which is probably a good thing!).



Lastly, Mike and Frank would be proud of me for finding an old Massey Ferguson tractormeter. I hope some future customer will be proud that I found it too! I have no idea if it works, but the graphics are cool!




What treasures have you found lately?


12 comments:

  1. Great finds! I love the bucket and the First Aid box.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at my party...love that first aid box.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet finds! I haven't been to any great garage sales lately but looking forward to some good ones since the season is just around the corner. Love the pyrex!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little girl vase is so cute & tiny. I love it!!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rose pie plate sure is pretty! I may have to go shopping tomorrow! I'm feeling the mood coming on! Have a good week my friend! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love those city wide sales. I think we have one coming up soon, just hope I'm in town for it this time. You scored, and I'm so happy to see a little rust thrown in, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun sale and I love everything you got, including the thing I have no idea what it is!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your finds! The girl vase and the Spice O' Life set are my favorites! I just found some great animal figural pottery when I was in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did find special treasures! I have my computer working now.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds! You are so lucky that garage sale season has started where you live...still so cold and snowy here that "junking" is slim pickins'. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a rust lover! Not much for sales here yet. Only two in March! One was my friends moving sale (great stuff).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!