Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Opposites Attract



They say opposites attract, but could opposites like metal and burlap ever be attracted to each other? Well……yes! Betsy at My Salvaged Treasures showed us how she combined the two on several projects last year.

Used by permission. Thanks, Betsy!
Her post reminded me of an old metal file box that had been sitting in my booth far too long and inspired me to upgrade it a bit.


Following Betsy’s advice to apply Mod Podge to the metal box instead of the burlap, I adhered a strip of burlap to the front and then added the VIP stencil which stands for “Very Important Papers” of course!


I also made 3 burlap-topped magnets to make the old box more “attract”-ive…er, functional.



The project was really easy! Now I wish I had more metal items to up-cycle with burlap.

Actually, I think I will go digging in my garage for more metal because there is SNOW outside my window right now……


And it looks like we’ll be stranded for another day because the temps are so cold.

Talking about opposites attracting!  Snow and the Deep South!



This is historic, y’all!


9 comments:

  1. I love it Sherry and the buttons are such a cute addition. I don't think it will last long in your booth now. I might just have to start digging around for more metal stuff too.
    Stay warm and safe, you're really getting a bad dose of it down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the metal box! Do NOT love the snow!

    Stay warm,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now it will sell! Very smart to change it up!
    Here in MN, well, we are just keep on going....LOL! Stay warm!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love burlap on anything. I would definitely buy it! Now! Aren't you excited about the snow? We got it too, but the temp when back up and it will be gone by tomorrow. I had hoped for a few days of white, but I am thankful for a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the results and now it is very stylish! Such a good project for a winter day. Hope you start to thaw soon. We had cold rain instead! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how we can get so much done inside with all this bad weather outside.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think some of your cardinal's relatives dined in our feeders today. Aren't they magnificent? Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry it is so cute! Great job and I bet it will sell soon. Love the little magnets also. Oh all that snow is driving everyone crazy. I will finally get home Saturday (I hope). hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your project! It turned out awesome. LOL- sorry our winter yuck is creepy your way. Winter is hard enough when you are used to it, but northern people don't get southern ways unless you have lived there a spell and seen it first hand. When you get your sunshine back, send some of it up this way and some warmer air. I hate being frozen solid.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!