Monday, January 13, 2014

First-of-the-Year Finds

There’s been a lack of yard sales and estate sales lately, but we finally had our first estate sale of the year. The weather was cool and foggy so Mom decided to let me go it alone since I wanted to get there early. That was a good decision on her part because the longer we early-birds stood in line, the cooler and mistier the weather became.



I got there 30 minutes early but found myself about 30 people from the front. I had my heart set on the only piece of Pyrex pictured on estatesales.net and I wondered how many of those 30 people in front of me had their heart set on the same piece. Hmmm!

Finally the door opened and I headed straight to the room where the Pyrex was pictured; but before I could get to the door of that room, I saw the object of my desire already in someone else’s arms. Boohoo!

Oh, well…..it wasn’t meant to be, but I did find these other treasures…..

Several small figurines….a Royal Copley bird, a Lefton birthday girl and a Made in Japan dog.



A bridal couple figurine, art deco picture frame and an old music dictionary…..



Wooden hangers are always on my list as well as old cookbooks and utensils…



Check out this stack of vintage aprons…..Wow!



A Shawnee Puss n Boots cookie jar was one of the featured items at the sale and I decided to get it since I missed the Pyrex. This one is the long-tailed version and is in great shape.




See anything you like?


I'm linking to the following parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

14 comments:

  1. I hate when someone else grabs the item I want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep telling yourself that the Pyrex was priced way too high. You scooped up a lot of fun treasures. I love those aprons and that art deco picture frame is so pretty. Good haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the vintage aprons best! Look at all that pretty fabric...probably feed sacks and flour sack material. You did really good! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookie jar is adorable. I have the salt & pepper shakers I found thrifting, one at a time to become a pair!! Everything is fabulous. Sorry you missed the Pyrex! Hugs, LInda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet kitty cookie jar :) I'm hot to find some deals!!!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from Coastal Charm and became your newest follower. I love the small bird and dog figurines and the stack of aprons. Is it possible for me to buy the Fabulous Flamingo wooden hanger? My niece collects vintage flamingo items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the art deco frame. All your items are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer on the Pyrex. All your other goodies are nice though!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of your finds - especially those aprons! Great finds. I am your newest follower.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage aprons and hanger...boohoo on the pyrex!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just all of it, but I love the kitty. You find the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the cookie jar! A good friend gifted me with the new Lenox cat cookie jar -- it looks just like Thomas Gene is sitting on the counter!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry you missed the pryex
    the cookie jar looks in very good condition and is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds! The little kitty is my favorite.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!