Monday, January 6, 2014

Digging the New Year

First of all…..Happy New Year!!!

Second of all……It’s freezing here in South Mississippi! Kudos to those of you living north of here! You’re tougher than me!!!

The end of 2013 yielded NO yard sales or estate sales and the thrift stores must be holding back all those holiday donations, so I decided to dig through some boxes in my storage room and garage to see if there were any vintage items that I haven’t shown you.

Well, I didn’t have to dig very far to find some things I had already forgotten that I bought (do you do that?)

I uncovered these two blue/white swirl enamelware pans.......



It was easy to spot this Oster Hair Dryer w/hot curlers. It still works! If I hadn’t already taken it to my booth, I could have gotten under it to stay warm!



I'm digging this old chicken waterer that I picked up at The Longest Yard Sale a few years ago. A couple of ceramic chicken figurines will make a fun display.



Sticking with the poultry theme, I found a large mid-century modern rooster platter and a rooster tidbit tray…..



Since the holidays are over, I took the time to remove the Christmas things from my booth. That gave me room for a "man-tiques" display. You’ll recognize some of the things I uncovered in the garage!





I also reworked the jade-ite table and added some Pyrex Spring Blossom Green to the display.



I always need a little New Year encouragement, so I added this chalkboard to the mix……


  


Stay Warm…..Happy New Year!!!

14 comments:

  1. You have a lot of treasures in storage!


    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chalkboard sign, so true! You sure did pull a lot of treasures out of your forgotten pile. I do that ALL the time, out of sight out of mind. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The booth looks great! It's always fun to dig in our stuff and find 'forgotten' treasures! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sign :)
    Yes, it's FREEZING up here...brrrrr
    It's good to have treasures for the men:) Just moved our booth closer to the front of the store and rearranged all the stuff!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freezing here in Central AL as well! Love your "thrifty pull outs"! War Eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love enamelware and the green is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And below freezing here in southwest Louisiana! Love your unexpected finds! Linda@Wetcreek Museum

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great saying!! I love your chicken feeder and all of your jadite!! Stay warm...Happy New Year!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice additions to add to your booth. I am 'shopping the storage room' for things to add to my booths too. Six boxes of Christmas stock to sort etc stacked and waiting for my attention. Happy New Year.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. booth looks great! I always use your pics as inspiration for mine since I sell a lot of the same stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good there and love the roosters! Stay warm and cozy! Its nasty out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that quote. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm so excited for the new year and writing down the changes I want to make. Love all of your treasures. I see some neat books and jadeite mugs I would love to have! One of these days....I'm going to shop at your place! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great vintage items, love the hair dryer I had one just like it
    I'm looking forward to cleaning out more of my little vintage finds this year and buying bigger ones LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New year from the cold North!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!