Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Rest of the Story

After the drama of finding the Pyrex bowls in my last post, I promised you that I would show you some of the other things that I found at the estate sale.

I was happy to bring home an old aluminum stove-top coffeemaker, a hand-painted enamelware pot w/lid, and several vintage utensils.



This little one-handed sifter was too cute to pass up. I also grabbed a crocheted potholder and an interesting Canadian cookbook that was hidden in the pantry.



One cookbook is never enough so I picked up a few more…..even one from my town’s centennial celebration from over 30 years ago.



But the thing that made me smile the most (besides the Pyrex bowls, of course) was this Kromex beehive ice bucket with a Lucite handle.




Happy Treasure Hunting!

11 comments:

  1. Pyrex is my favorite estate sale find but anything vintage kitchen is a close second! I'd say you scored very well after the "drama".

    :-) Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes
    I like those finds also
    kitchen items are always good finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a pyrex collector, but I found a glass pyrex lid for 20 cents today at my favorite thrift shop. I bought it. Is this the start of something serious, or am I crazy? I never see pyrex anything around here (except in my mom's cupboards!). Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun in one post! I have never seen a matched bowl and lid before in my life! Awesome find. Happy you got all of this with your pyrex. That was a good run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that coffee maker and those cookbooks are wonderful. It was a good day. Thanks for showing us the rest of your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old cookbooks are always so much fun to find! I hope you have fun this weekend, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really found some great stuff! That painted pot w/lid is a great find, I've seen those in shops and always love them! fun cookbooks also, but yes the ice bucket is a big SCORE!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry, I am oohing and aahing at the great things you found.
    Blessings, Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this post until today! I love the cookbooks, even though I don't cook very much. The ice bucket is awesome!!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Blogging Friend...Isn't it nice to have cooler weather now that 'Fall' is here.   The changing season isn't the only thing happening in Blogland.  Here on CollectInTexas Gal, I've done a bit of a 'MakeOver' and added a BlogShop.   I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you over for a 'LookSee'.  Just click on the signature link below...hope to see you there.
    Sue CollectInTexas BlogShop

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!