Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Late Summer Roses


Looking out my home office window I can see a large bush of beautiful Knockout Roses.



That got me to thinking about a couple of pretty cup and saucer sets I found 
a few weeks ago 
that I haven’t shown to you.

Shelley English Bone China


Adderley English Bone China


Roses are also the theme of this very unusual snack set I discovered 
at a recent estate sale.

Sadly, there is no mark

Look closely…..The cup is held in place by a raised “holder” attached to the plate.






I have never seen a snack set like this…..There were 6 sets and I just had to get them.




Don’t forget to take time to “smell the roses” along your way!


  
I’m linking to the following parties:


What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

11 comments:

  1. How delicate and beautiful. I've never seen one with a holder like that! What a beautiful set! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the cutest thing? I have never seen one like that before and you got a set of 6? Well done! Love your tea cups and the knock out rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the snack sets - they are beautiful, so are your roses.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful roses and tea cups!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, your teacup collection is gorgeous, each one is a jewel! The roses are lovely too. Thanks for your sweet and kind visit.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all so pretty and delicate. I've never seen a snack set like that either, very unusual. These are perfect for a mix and match table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful tea cups, anything with roses! Thanks for the kind words about my cousin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful tea cups, anything with roses! Thanks for the kind words about my cousin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your beautiful tea cups, anything with roses! Thanks for the kind words about my cousin

    ReplyDelete
  10. THose roses are so nice, I can almost smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your rose themed post! Lovely snack set, can't believe you found a set of six! Beautiful. Glad you shared them with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!