Thursday, September 12, 2013

Featured in FMS Magazine!

No, not me! However, an industrious young couple from my hometown of Laurel, Mississippi and their historic home was featured in the latest issue of Flea Market Style Magazine.


Laurel is a small, but beautiful town in South Mississippi and I wanted to call your attention to this sweet article that highlights a tiny part of what makes it special.


After you read the article beginning on page 122, notice the credits under the title, Light Touch. Andrea Milham is listed as stylist…..Why is that special, you ask? Andrea owns Southern Antiques where my vintage booth is located!!!! Andrea is an energetic and talented interior designer and I’m so excited that she was selected as stylist for the photo shoot.


I understand that Mrs. Napier was given the option of choosing a stylist provided by FMS or choosing a local stylist. She wisely chose local talent and I think you will agree when you browse through the generous 12-page spread.


Since Southern Antiques is listed as one of the resources (page 138) you might ask if anything in the article came from my booth. Well, maybe!…..Did you notice the Bush Dairy milk bottle on page 131? Bush Dairy is an old local dairy (now closed) and their milk bottles are highly treasured. I have found and sold only 2 or 3 of them over the years…..The one pictured could easily be one of them. I’ll have to ask the Napiers if I ever get the chance.


Until then, I wanted to express my CONGRATS to the Napiers, Andrea and our hometown for well-deserved national attention.

12 comments:

  1. It's always so fun to find someone you know in a magazine
    your milk bottle is looking good LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small world. Congratulations to Andrea, what an honor. Can't wait to pick up the newest edition, definitely my favorite magazine. Thanks for sharing a little piece of your town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN!!! Always a treat to have local folks featured in any publication. Very special of you to share their good fortune. Will look for the magazine...thanks for letting your readers know.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice! I will have to go get a copy! And so good that the Napiers selected your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! I'll look for this feature....I love this magazine! Sweet hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how neat! I will be sure to check it out. I am coming your way next week. A friend of mine invited to go with her to the once a month sale at Rusty Chandy. While I am in town...you bet I will check out your booth at Southern Antiques.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! Just great!
    If you ever ever run across anything with "Clark Dairy" on it, let me know!
    :)
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great feature! I'll have to get the latest issue of FMS when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always exciting when you see in print someone/something you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherry - it was sure fun reading about the home being featured in Laurel - I'm sure it is a beautiful town. Hope you are well and enjoying a tease of fall in your neck of the woods. Have a great weekend - Melody

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is GREAT Sherry! What a fun thing for your town, your shop and you! And I'm guessing that milk bottle came from you. :)

    Have a great week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!