Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thanks for Your Good Luck Wishes!

Finding “good” yard sales has been a little tough lately and I asked for your good luck wishes at the end of my last post. Well……...THEY WORKED! 


After re-reading the 20-30 yard sale ads listed in the paper last weekend, Mom and I elected to drive about 25 miles to a micro-mini “longest yard sale.” A rural community south of our hometown was holding their 6th annual 14-mile-long yard sale. Now I know 14 miles is much shorter than the 400+ mile WLYS, but it was close by and we could take in the whole 14 miles in a morning!

The 25 miles went quickly as we talked about what we might find. We turned off the interstate onto the designated rural highway and immediately saw signs directing us to the sale. Soon enough we saw cars parked on the side of the road and we joined them to find some goodies.

Check out these darling Marian Burgess prints I found at our first stop….



Just like the WLYS, we drove until we found an area with several tents and lots of cars and excited people looking for treasures. At one of those tented areas, I found yet another vintage tablecloth and a pretty linen dishcloth……



We also found 2 hand-painted trays….



And a set of Blue Ridge plates…..



Several more stops and 2 pretty creamers made it to the car with us, along with a crochet trivet and a rare Butterfly Gold tumbler, a go-along for Corning/Corelle kitchenware....



Oh, I also found 2 vintage platters….



3 Cuthbertson Christmas Tree mugs…..



And an big ole Wear-Ever aluminum kettle!!!



Even though it was hard to drive, watch the traffic, watch for people crossing the road AND check out the sales, we had a great time. The real WLYS was also held last week, but we felt just like we were there and didn’t have to drive hundreds of miles to find vintage treasures!


Thanks again for your Good Luck Wishes!


I’m linking to the following parties:


Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

11 comments:

  1. sounds like my kind of day.....and I covet that kettle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun finds! Love to go to that longest yard sale some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You did find some great things and I think that "Long Yard Sale" was just the right length! Love everything but my favorites are the cool Blue Ridge plates!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and thanks for joining TTF this week also!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the good vibes we sent out worked! May in continue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just see the two of you now, so much fun! I certainly understand how it would be hard to keep your eyes on the road. Your mom must be a good navigator, just like mine:-) Fun finds, especially the kettle, tumbler, and table cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my kind of garage saleing!! Great finds, You are on a table cloth roll! And you can never have to many platters

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your luck keeps up!! You found some cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did experience luck!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that all those "fingers crossed" well wishes worked out for you! Now you return the favor :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy you found some great items! It has been tough finding good stuff here too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!