Friday, August 16, 2013

City-Wide Yard Sale

I just checked the classified ads and it looks like there will be no “yard-sailing” this weekend. That’s probably because there was a city-wide yard sale last weekend. Our town holds these sales about 3 times a year in our climate controlled multi-purpose center so rain and heat aren’t problematic to vendors or shoppers.

Though I have found these city-wide sales to be hit-or-miss in the past, I was rather lucky this time because there seemed to be more vintage vendors than before. Of course, Mom came along to help me spot treasures, carry some of the lighter stuff and visit with acquaintances. She did all three, I might add!

At the first booth, I found 2 pink Pyrex casseroles in the Gooseberry pattern. They have ALREADY SOLD, but I just had to show them to you since there is not an abundance of pink Pyrex in this area.

ALREADY SOLD!

I also bought this pretty red vase at the same booth. My research has identified it as Fenton! Another red item was this practical enamelware butter warmer/sauce server.



I’ve begun to notice vintage leather bags and I picked up these two satchels. The one on the right is marked Gokey….the other is not marked but has some interesting tooling and braided work.



If you like kitschy kitchen items…..check out this set of yellow plastic salt and pepper shakers in a matching wall holder. I’m guessing that is a golden apple?



I could not pass up this small chalkware plaque of Raggedy Andy and a child’s Pyrex mug with a fun train motif.



We started our shopping spree with Pyrex and ended with Pyrex. A Spring Blossom Green oval casserole was the last item added to our shopping bag.



Does your town hold city-wide sales?



I’m linking to the following parties:


Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound

16 comments:

  1. Great finds Sherry. I love the pink Pyrex. We have two city wide sales every year, but the last couple of years, they've always been held on a weekend when I have an out of town show scheduled. Not this year, there's one coming up in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific finds Sherry and you know I love the Pirex specially! Enjoy your weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finds Sherry! I love the pink Pyrex.
    I wish we had some city-wide sales. It sounds like a great way to shop till you drop! :)

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds and you know I love the Pink Pyrex! Not surprised it is sold!! I also love that red vase! Pretty glass! No city wide yard sale here but I think it would be fun!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up with TTF this week.

      Delete
  5. You had me at pink pyrex and I had that last avocado casserole, I think I got it for a wedding present lol! No, we don't have city wide sales here in Orlando

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to organize a village garage sale on Earth Day in April, but the village crossroads property was not available and no one besides me thought it was a good idea. :( Linda at Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love a city-wide yard sale here, but with a city of 2.5 million... I don't think I should expect one anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never seen pink pyrex until you shared it-still never see it anywhere. I have given up on sales around here, just junk. I drove over to Newton this a.m. and found a beautiful German prayer book with a red velvet and gold thread cover-50 cents and in excellent condition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have many garage sales each weekend. I go to a few, but have enough without being tempted to buy more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had such a great weekend - great finds!!

    Sadly, there are no town wide sales here, the way the sales are here, I'm afraid it wouldn't be very good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those salt and pepper shakers are wonderful fun. We never see anything like that over here, and if there is anything similar it's usually in an antique shop at a very high price. I never have any luck at garage sales etc... Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your finds. Those book bags are awesome. Haven't seen any of those in years...had one when I was a kid, but not that nice.
    We have 2 city wides a year. There is one is the spring and one close to fall. Its the last Saturday of this month!
    You did awesome with your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have been thrilled with that haul! Gooseberry is one of my favorite patterns. I have quite the stack of those casseroles.

    The apple S & P is so cute. I have a pink one pinned on one of my Pinterest boards. I hope to come across it someday.

    Have a great week!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!