Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Weekend Finds and Booth Pictures

The humidity is almost unbearable this summer, but Mom and I braved the heat and headed out to an estate sale and a couple yard sales last weekend. It turned out that the sales were almost as hot as the temperature. We came back with some great finds….

For those of you that are demitasse fans, I found two miniature cup and saucer sets. The one on the left is Ucagco/Japan, the other is Aynsley/England.



A pair of happy ceramic ghosts (made in Taiwan) seem to be glad that pretzels, nuts and popcorn are on the menu.



Roosters are always popular and I love finding the older ones. This vintage Japanese rooster is paired with yet another vintage tablecloth (see last post), a hammered aluminum bowl and a rusty spiky flower frog.



My hottest find, though, was a primitive pie safe. I’ve already moved it into my booth. It appears to be handmade with the top and shelves made of old bead board. I love it!!!



Here are a few more booth pictures that I promised you in my last post






I hope you enjoyed the tour!


I’m linking to the following parties:

What’s It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants



14 comments:

  1. Oh the primitive pie safe is wonderful

    it's all looking great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your booth and your name of top of the shelves! I've had fun shopping at the thrift store this summer. It hasn't been too bad here..not too hot! Most of the time we are in the 80s for highs. Enjoy your week! Write me your news when you have time! I've missed you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry! Oh, what lovely things you've found and your booth is lovely! Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back to tell you that I'm your newest follower!
    Continue to be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sherry! You did have a great weekend; great finds. The pie safe is wonderful, it really takes you back, doesn't it? I really love your booth. Have a Blessed week. Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a snack set like that - I think it has four pieces - you found some great things!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cool finds. I love that hutch!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
    Happy weekend!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have taken home any one of your finds! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! I love the pie safe, wish I could find one for all my treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did find some great things for the booth. Love the pie safe!! Your booth looks great! It's been so hot and it's making me not want to go outside at all!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice finds! It looks like your foray into the heat was worth the effort. Love your booth too; it looks like the kind of place I'd like to browse. My booth will be managing on its own for a few days while I'm busy with my other job and it always amazes me how messy it can get when I don't stop by to tidy up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't you glad you went out in the heat? I love that pie safe and I know it won't last long in your booth. Fun treasures Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pie safe -- what a find!! I know you will enjoy your new location. Will visit it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!