Wednesday, June 12, 2013

More Man-tiques ….and!


Since Father’s Day is only a few days away, the yard sales featured some nifty man-tiques this past weekend……

Mike and Frank (American Pickers) would be so proud that I found and bought an old 1948 Texas license plate. I also found a paperback book about baseball.



Wouldn’t this old Bakelite radio look great nestled in a bookshelf full of vintage books?



Of course, Mom is probably doing the shopping for Dad’s gift so she deserves something for all that work!

She might like an old “courting couple” vegetable bowl or a set of Anchor Hocking Hobnail water tumblers.



Or maybe she’ll smile to discover a set of “Made in Hong Kong” baby hangers, an Occupied Japan toothpick holder, an ink bottle, a butter pat, a pastry server, or an enamelware storage tray.




Happy Treasure-Hunting!!!

9 comments:

  1. Great finds! My husband would love that Bakelite Radio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mom would love everything, right down to the old license plate. Fun finds Sherry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these finds and yes, Mike and Frank would be proud! Love those baby hangers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The radio is awesome and I love all your finds, especially the Texas license plate! Very cool!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. More fun stuff! Haven't seen anything like that around here is quite some time. Maybe I need to get out more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sherry, I haven't stopped in for so long. You find the very best stuff of anyone I know!! That radio was quite the find!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are really creative ideas for Father’s Day. I love the antique radio and it would look great nestled safely away on a book shelf. The license plate was really cool as well.

    PhD by Publication by Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!