Saturday, May 11, 2013

Temps Just Right!



The temps have been just right this week for spending some time out in the garage completing some long over due projects.

These two boring brown wooden objects were screaming for cheerful makeovers.

Before!

I think they are much happier now……

After!!!

A couple of simple stencils added spice to this old wooden bowl....




Paint, ribbon, twine and a rusty blinged-up key brightened up a sad candleholder...





  
Loving the way the other two projects turned out, I was so excited to paint this little recipe card holder that I forgot to take a 'before' picture. It was the same boring brown as the other two projects; but adding a couple of "messy-on-purpose" stencils, it think she’s very happy now.




Have the temps warmed up where you live?


I’m linking to the following parties:

Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

6 comments:

  1. It has warmed up some here, but so much rain! GRRRRR....I too need to do some painting projects. Love these! What a difference white makes! Stencils are also so much fun! I'm inspired to do some makeovers soon!
    Thanks for joining Diann and I at TTF!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your results and the rusty key is a nice touch. It's in the mid 80s here today...perfect for me! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a difference, I really like the stencils, kind of gives everything a purpose. Have a Blessed day, Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes great garage weather...wonder if I will get any projects done while on vacation?
    Love the recipe holder..to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all so much better after you worked your magic. Love the old key with a touch of bling. It really heated up here over the last two days. I was working in the garage this morning, but after about 10am it was getting too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The key just adds more perfection to perfect. Love from boring to beautiful!

    deb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!