Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rack ‘Em Up!



In my last post, I shared with you several small paint projects that I completed for my booth; BUT I also finished one larger project that deserved a post all its own.

I found this sad, brown-stained plate rack at a yard sale recently. It was very well made and quite large….measuring 48” across. In my opinion, it just needed a face lift so I pulled out the chalk paint, paintbrush, sandpaper and paste wax.

BEFORE

Here she is…..already hanging in my booth……and displaying several pretty plates!

AFTER



One of the pretty plates displayed is a 1972 Kewpie plate featuring one of Rose O’Neill’s sweet designs.



There’s also an unusual unmarked plate and teacup I found last week with gold scissors all around the rim. I’ve never seen this design ……Have you?



Here’s a glimpse of the table below the “new” plate rack!



I hope you find a treasure this weekend!

12 comments:

  1. It's so much better with a coat of fresh paint, your pretty plates really pop! Love the way you have all your treasures displayed on the table. Good idea to have the cookbooks open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that plate rack and what a difference white paint makes. Those plates are so cute! Love the scissor design...interesting!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks great! And that plate and cup are so unusual! Love your booth...I bet I could find some treasures there! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Yard Girl print! She is so pretty! Nice makeover with the shelf. The treasures show up much better on the shelf!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect display shelf!! I love the siccorrs one, I was thinking as I saw it, I have never seen one like that...Then I saw you hadn't either!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your booth looks really nice! The plate rack turned out great with the chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry, you have a beautiful plate rack now. And some pretty plates, too. You have a Blessed day, and I hope you find more treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find, and a great transformation, Sherry! The plate rack is perfect for your booth, and so big! You have so many pretty treasures, it would be fun to shop in your space:)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any thing looks better with some paint on it
    And I like that plate set with the scissors on it, I have never seen that set anywhere, what name is on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful make over!! Love the plate with the scissors --and I have never seen that pattern on a plate! Happy hunting to you, too!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen the scissors pattern before but I love it's quirkiness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you have been pretty busy there. Lots of painting and playing around. Everything came out really good. Those scissor pieces are different. Never have seen anything like that around here. Hope you have a good week! Been busy here catching up on the yard work. I think we have finally gotten the worst of it done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!