Thursday, May 2, 2013

For the Young Ones


Though I tend to avoid yard sales that advertise only baby clothes and kid’s toys, it doesn’t mean that I never buy child/youth related items. After all, many of my customers are grandparents that search for vintage items for their grandchildren to enjoy.


Last weekend I found several vintage items for those grandparents (or parents, aunts and uncles) to consider for their younger loved ones.

This set of four Brambley Hedge seasonal books by Jill Barklem is the perfect addition to a child’s library. I was fortunate to find all four seasons!



Beatrix Potter’s Peter Rabbit is another popular read. Here’s a Wedgwood child’s mug depicting the characters from her books.



And finally for the beginner cook in the family, I found a 1972 edition of BH&G’s Junior Cook Book. It contains lots of fun recipes including Egg-In-A-Bun Sandwiches and Picnic Some-Mores. 


I think Mickey will probably try the Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe!


I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
 

9 comments:

  1. What sweet goodies you found Sherry. Those books are so precious and will make someone very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the junior cookbook on my kitchen shelf, a blogging friend sent it to me, it's sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Junior cookbook and the other books, too. I would love to go to a sale with things like this. Although my doll room is full...that doesn't stop me though! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a clever idea. I love vintage toys and books. It was one of the things I dealt in for my booths. I still have my Woody Woodpecker books and hand puppet that didn't sell. (I kind of priced them high so they wouldn't.) I love anything from my era on back. Some traditions should be passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great items I would love for Tiger!! Good finds!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some precious little things for precious little ones. My comment doubled so I deleted the first one. Have a Blessed day, Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds!! How cute is that Jr. cook book, someone will buy that for their budding chef!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds for grandparents! It is kinda hard tho to find that kind of stuff, don't you think?

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!