Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thinking INSIDE the Box!



My booth is filled with "smalls." I specialize in kitchen glassware, utensils, linens and cookbooks. I add vintage cameras, luggage and wire baskets when I can find them; but they are all considered smalls. The few pieces of furniture I have just help to hold all those vintage smalls.

Butterfly Wings Necklace

But sometimes I find smalls that are tiny or at least too delicate to be handled too much. I’ve never had a place to display these “tinys” until now. This week I added a glass top display box to my booth that can hold these tiny delicate treasures.



If you’re in the area, I hope you’ll drop by to view these tiny treasures and all the other vintage smalls in the booth.

Plymouth Cricket "clicker"

Happy Spring Treasure Hunting!

9 comments:

  1. What fun little treasures Sherry, love that little pitcher. I hope you got a thrifty deal on your new display case:-) I remember those clickers, they used to drive my mom crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have waiting for a lucky glass top or locked case but haven't found one yet. I've got lots of smalls too, but I can't take them to my booth until I can display them safely. I love that little cowboy hat creamer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect find to keep your displays from getting lost and showcasing your smalls. You have some very fun things in your booth! I wish I lived in the area.

    Have a great week!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, smalls is where we make our money! I have had a locked case for a long time for my precious items...That easily slip into a pocket I remember clickers, we used to play with them, now I think they train dogs with them LOL!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have your tags with the prices displayed so they are easily readable by shoppers! I hate being in a big antique mall and finding something I like in a locked case but finding no price visible--it's such a hassle to go all the way to the front and hunt down an employee to tell me the price and risk that it's more than I'm willing to pay--so I usually just say "Forget it" and they lose my sale. You are doing it the RIGHT WAY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the tiny's!! You do have the best things and I always see something I would love to have!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Heidi -- having the price tags show is much appreciated by this shopper. :-) I don't have a case so most of my tinys end up in my etsy shop but having a smaller case like yours would be perfect! Love that little Blue Willow child's plate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the items you have featured! Smalls are the way to go! I need to remind myself of this after hauling a 20x20x8 inch box to the PO in the snow today!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!