Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Celebrate with RED



Doesn’t the color RED just make you think of a holiday? Of course, it’s the color of the Christmas season, but it’s also the color of LOVE on Valentine’s Day. Let’s not forget RED in tandem with white and blue on Independence Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day!

A few weeks ago, Pam at House of Hawthornes posted about a set of red/white salt and pepper shakers she had found. That post reminded me that I had found a set of red/white canisters at a yard sale late last year.


They just screamed “Retro Kitchen!” and I had to grab them!!! They’ve earned a bit of “character” over the years, but I still wanted to CELEBRATE when I found them.



They remind me of my Mom’s RED kitchen many decades ago and that makes me SMILE!


12 comments:

  1. Sherry, these are great canisters! They remind me of my Mom's kitchen also, only her's weren't red. Green I think? Anyway I love the color red so these are a hit with me!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very cute and fun! I like that they were practical, too. My first canister set was wood...without a liner. I still have them of course! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry,
    your cannisters are so cute, lucky find! I really like "retro" kitchen ware, have to sets of cannisters that I love. Red is one of my favorite colors, use it all over the house along with jadite green and brown.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. These just shout vintage and make me smile! I love the color and it looks like they're in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There they are! Very cute and I still think they are second cousins to my salt and pepper shakers. BTW, my Mom had orange Tupperware canisters. I like vintage, but the orange is just too Brady Bunch for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun set!! It just looks so retro!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember the story of the Velveteen Rabbit? The canister set has been loved and the used quality makes them absolutely fit that 'loved' and used thing that endears them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so hot right now!! Midcentury....I love it, I would love to have a room in midcentury red, next to pink shabby...It is a great love of mine. If you are selling them price them high and they will still be snatched up!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. They remind me, too, of my mom's kitchen when I was a child -- a red formica table top, with matching chairs!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are fabulous, and hard to find all in great condition, lucky you finding them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you to have found a complete set -- I seem to come across one or two but never all four of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to have a set of yellow ones ..these are so cute! Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!