Thursday, November 8, 2012

Those “Snowmen” and Other Projects



Remember these little snowmen from the end of my last post?

Some of them "stand"

Some of them "hang"
Yes, I made them myself from vintage glass ornaments and bits/pieces of vintage trims; BUT, they were totally inspired by Amy at Into Vintage. Amy is uber creative and has the most wonderful “eye” for vintage items. Go check out her blog….you won’t be sorry!

Equally inspired are these salt shaker snow people....



They were inspired by the uniquely creative imagination of Jane at Mamie Jane’s. Jane always amazes us with her trash-to-treasure creations. If you don’t already follow Jane, go do it now!

Thank you Amy and Jane for sharing your inspiration with us all!!!

My versions of the snowmen ornaments and salt shaker snow people are available in my booth along with a few small chalk paint projects that I didn’t get to post last week due to the internet outage. If you looked really really close, you might have spotted them in my Open House photos.

I “heart” this little green stool and the wooden tote/tool carrier....


An old mirror and a gorgeous carved frame got new life with a coat of creamy chalk paint.




Finally, I updated this wooden, footed bowl and I couldn’t resist embellishing just one more apothecary bottle.



Have you started your Holiday Projects?

I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
 

12 comments:

  1. Sherry the snow ornaments and the snow shakers are so cute! I am ready to do some crafting when I get home! I have that chalkboard paint and will finally use it! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Amy and Jane are full of fabulous ideas. Love your creative snow people. The mirror and frame are gorgeous and so is your apothecary bottle. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little salt shaker characters! They are just adorable. I haven't started crafting yet...I'm cleaning! lol Enjoy your afternoon! It's so beautiful here today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the nice shout out about the snowmen! Yours are darling and it's always fun to see someone else's interpretation of a project. :-)

    Jane at Mamie Jane's always has SO many inspiring projects - I love her creative ideas and she has zillions of them.

    And no, I've barely started any holiday projects but I think this weekend will be the start. xo -amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun projects! I am in love with your gorgeous mirror and frame! They are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little snowman ornaments are so cute! I may try making some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowmen are stinkin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those snowmen are just too sweet! How cute Sherry! Love all of your treasures. I have started a few Christmasy things here. No projects per say but, a few other things. thank you for sharing with us at TTF. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mirror and frame. All of your treasures are beautiful! The stool and wooden tote got my attention, too! BTW, Miss Pinkie is right at home!


    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. The snowmen are so cute. I love the embellishments.

    Of course I love the apothecary jar all dressed up! Well done.

    Have a great weekend.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! The little guy with the zipper vest is soooo cute!!
    I'm loving your white frame, too.

    I'm itching to get started with Christmas projects, but just haven't been able to sit down and do anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love snowmen and old vintage ornaments. The best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!