Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My First Embellished Bottle

Remember that large amber apothecary bottle I showed you in my last post?


It is a whopping 12” tall and just looked like it needed something to me. I’ve never embellished a bottle so I wasn’t sure how to proceed; that is, until I found a beautiful rhinestone fleur-de-lis necklace at a yard sale a few days later. I knew it had to be paired with that bottle.


I searched The Graphics Fairy for a pretty French label that would complement the necklace.


My sweet blogging friend, Betsy of My Salvaged Treasures, gave me a few pointers about adding the label and look at the results…….!!!


The chain of the necklace is wound around the neck of the bottle but is removable in case the new owner wants to wear it on a special occasion.


The embellished bottle will be available in my booth at the Christmas Open House on November 4.
I hope you'll join us if you’re in the area!!!
  

I’m linking to the following parties:

Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time

12 comments:

  1. Sherry ~ your apothecary bottle turned out fabulous ~ Love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! See what talent you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, la, la! What a lovely bottle, that label is perfect! And I really love how you added the necklace, but it can still be worn and enjoyed too:) Best of luck at your open house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome -- you are so talented!! :)

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, so pretty! I know this won't last long!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry. I love your post... Hmmm something is so familiar, what could it be! Love the Apothecary bottles so much. I have a large collection of the aqua bottles. Love the french touches on yours! xo's Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great..amazing what can be done with graphics these days. It will be snapped up pretty quick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry you did a great job with this. Love the necklace and it is perfect on the bottle with the new label! Super cute and I know someone will want this for their dressing table or bathroom! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out so chic Sherry! Perfect in a "Paris" decorated room.~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great job, it is perfect!! You did it like a pro!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again - just loved what you've done

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out really cute! The little necklace looks perfect!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!