Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Latest Finds and Upcoming Open House

Mom and I enjoyed the cooler weather this past weekend as we attended a few sales. Here’s what we found….

A pretty white wicker-edged tray, a large amber apothecary bottle, two clear apothecary bottles and a silver-plated baby cup.


I’m always torn about polishing silver these days. Would you polish the little cup or leave as is? And about those apothecary bottles…..leave them as is or embellish with French labels?


This pretty wall lamp caught my eye and opened my pocketbook. It still works and I already have a globe that fits!



Lastly, we found these two framed paint-by-number pictures.


I wasn’t torn about what to do with these paintings. I freshened up the frames with some black paint and now I think the paintings show up better....



They will be perfect for our upcoming Christmas Open House on Sunday, November 4.

I want to apologize for being a bit MIA lately. I’ve been working long hours getting everything ready for our annual Open House. If you’re going to be in the area on Nov 4, please drop by for some great shopping, yummy food, door prizes and lots of holiday inspiration!!!

  
I’m linking to the following parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Potpourri Friday at 2805

19 comments:

  1. You have the best ideas - you are so creative. Really enjoy everything you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds -- the paintings sure show up better with the black frames. Love the wicker tray, too.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that lamp! To answer your questions: yes, I would put French labels on the bottles and no polishing the silver. Whatever you decide I am sure they will look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv those bottles...wish I could find some:) Hope you have a great Open House.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paint by numbers look awesome in their black frames. Perfect for your booth. I love the bottles and the french tags would be great if things like that sell in your area. I might lighten the silver cup a little bit but leave lots of patina on it. If I'm driving home from Texas (in a U-Haul truck...don't ask) I'll stop by and visit you and your booth!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to stop by. May have to put a few tanks of gas in the car to get that far though. I do like the paint by numbers with the darker frames. They do pop out a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your finds and that sconce is fabulous! Hope you have a great Open House! I always love this time of year. Thanx for partying at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always find such cute and interesting things! I love your little wall lamp and I think French labels would look perfect! Hope you have a great Open House.
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice finds. I would put labels on the apothecary jars. It would make them really cute!

    Good luck with your sale!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, I wish I was in the area! I would be there in a heard beat, love your finds! Me, I would add a label, I have had a lot more luck labeled than unlabeled

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wicker anything, your tray is beautiful! Love those apothecary jars too! I vote for adding vintage inspired French labels:) Best of luck at your open house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, those Christmas open houses are approaching! I wouldn't clean the cup..I collect them for my friend and I do it before I give it to her.
    Amazing how those covered bridges "popped" with the black frames!
    Take care of you and Mom and rest a little.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures definitely look better in the dark frames. All your finds are real keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that lamp. I need two like that to hang on my dining room walls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sure do wish I could be there for your open house. Your space will be looking so festive and full of fabulous vintage treasures. Love those paint by number pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those bottles would be awesome with creepy Halloween labels on them. And I would polish the baby cup unless it was dented then I would leave as is. I'm a fan of paint by number, is it paint by number?~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sherry, I have enjoyed looking through your blog...so full of inspiration! Love what black paint will do to frames! I am now a follower, and look forward to visiting again soon! xo's Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great finds Sherry! I love the wall light. I know what you mean about being busy. This Saturday I will be doing a local craft show with out DTL Herb products. But, since it is a craft show I have been working on putting together gift baskets to sell. I hope your open house is a great success! Thanks fo sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love visiting open houses. It's a rare chance to look through somebody's interior design and be inspired by it. Moreover, you'll have the chance to buy some of the cool stuff for sale! I do hope your open house was successful. I just wish there'll be a cool open house in our area before or during Thanksgiving. :)

    Calvin Mordarski @ CityBlockTeam.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!