Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hold Everything!


I got home from treasure-hunting with Mom this past weekend and discovered that most of my purchases fit a “theme.”  Let me explain……

I bought a rooster recipe card holder……



A doggy spiral letter holder……



A ceramic match holder……  



Have you guessed the “theme”?

There was also a rusty candle "holder"….


An adjustable book "holder"….



A file box for "hold"ing papers.....

This one is for my home office, but it fits the theme!!!

And finally a couple of pretty salt shakers…..


OK!...but they DO hold salt PLUS I’m going to make holders out of them…..You’ll have to stay tuned for that!


What was YOUR last treasure-hunting theme?



I’m linking to the following parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

14 comments:

  1. love the little rooster and girl holders. well, as you know last time I went it was Pyrex! going home next week and get to attend the weekly auction with my friend,so.......we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure were on a "holder" hunt even if you didn't realize it. I love that wood organizer, I could sure use one or two of those. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the pretty green shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to work out that way sometimes! My last 'theme' was tiles!!! Love the Rooster recipe card holder...cute!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love the match holder. Is she Holt Howard? Happy Wednesday.

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had another successful shopping spree!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty cool. Mine was coming up empty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny Sherry! No wonder I couldn't find any HOLDERS last weekend.....Oh, wait a minute I did find a tool caddy (Holder)

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. My theme is usually "hodgepodge" but I sure like your theme! Especially the book holder-- my daughter found one of those recently!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found a nice assortment of "hold" items.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sherry, My childhood girlfriend used a letter holder like the one up above to hold her 45 records.

    By the way, I am going to the Renninger's Fall in the Field this Saturday. Maybe we will run into each other? Hugs~Ames

    http://www.renningers.com/dora/fallfield.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree sometimes it's just weird how that comes about. You did way ok with your theme that wood file will be very nice in your office I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Out blog hoping and I just love your vintage treasures.
    I am really into flea markets right now. I even have my dh going with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all just perfect 'holders'! I love old salt and pepper shakers like that! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!