Monday, September 10, 2012

Outdoor Projects



The temperature FINALLY dropped a few degrees this weekend and I headed out to the garage to tackle a few projects for the booth.

I consider just cleaning up an item as a “project” these days. That was the case with this old window sash. I removed rusty nails (for safety), scraped off old caulk and cleaned the glass panes. I’ll leave the re-purposing/upcycling to someone else.



This little vintage stool had a broken seat when I bought it. Actually, one piece of the seat had just come unglued so I re-glued and clamped it to dry overnight. I love its flaky paint patina, so I’m leaving it as is.



This last project was a bit more involved, but well worth the effort. I had bought this old wooden (and very heavy) medicine cabinet at an out-of-town thrift store. It didn't even have a knob.


Since it had already been painted, I decided to use the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Sweety). I distressed around the edges and where the knob should be; then, I added a cute knob that I had picked up earlier at a salvage store.









I hope these cool temps stick around awhile!!!



I’m linking to the following parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful results of a very creative mind. For me, it would be Keep it Simple, Stupid! Love the outcome.

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just perfect for your booth! Enjoy those cool temps...send some of that cool air down here to FL! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cabinet Sherry and the KISS method of refinishing. The window and stool are perfect just the way they are. Isn't it amazing how much more energy we have when the temperature drops?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job and my kind of 'work' on an item. Love the knob on that great cabinet!! It cooled off here also and it feel so nice!! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so VERY glad it is cooler. Now to get some yard work done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love easy projects, yes, we have to remember to keep it simple! Oh, I am dreaming of cooler weather!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm laughing because more & more of my 'projects' are cleaning the things I drag home ... scrubbing, washing, removing, sanding. Happy to hear it's cooling off there. I wore a little sweater today here in Oregon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you glad the temperature is a little cooler - I'll take a few degrees at a time until fall is really here!
    Now that the grunt work is done on your projects you are ready to move to the fun part!!!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't this cooler weather the best? Love all your little projects, makes you feel good when you can get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that window! And the stool. Great job on the medicine cabinet too.

    Enjoy your cooler weather!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's party time at Debt Free Mommy Blog and we'd love to see you there! Please come join us and link up to Making Space Mondays. We'd love to see any post(s) about making your spaces better. Thanks, Tabitha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!