The temperature FINALLY dropped a few degrees this weekend and I headed out to the garage to tackle a few projects for the booth.
I consider just cleaning up an item as a “project” these days. That was the case with this old window sash. I removed rusty nails (for safety), scraped off old caulk and cleaned the glass panes. I’ll leave the re-purposing/upcycling to someone else.
This little vintage stool had a broken seat when I bought it. Actually, one piece of the seat had just come unglued so I re-glued and clamped it to dry overnight. I love its flaky paint patina, so I’m leaving it as is.
This last project was a bit more involved, but well worth the effort. I had bought this old wooden (and very heavy) medicine cabinet at an out-of-town thrift store. It didn't even have a knob.
Since it had already been painted, I decided to use the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Sweety). I distressed around the edges and where the knob should be; then, I added a cute knob that I had picked up earlier at a salvage store.
I hope these cool temps stick around awhile!!!
I’m linking to the following parties: