Monday, August 13, 2012

Hunt, Buy, Wash and Dry

That’s my to-do list almost every weekend….. Mom and I hunt and buy vintage treasures then I wash and dry them (at least the things that are washable) for pricing and display.


So what made it to the drying mat this week?

First, we found 6 cereal bowls. I was told that they had been used for serving ice cream…. Homemade ice cream! Yum!!! I haven’t been able to identify the manufacturer, but I suspect they may be GlasBake because of the little "bumps" on the bottoms.



Next, we found a sweet platter with a pretty rose decal. It is marked USA. I thought the cute Made in Japan salt and pepper shakers were the perfect companions to the platter.


I wondered, though, how one could distinguish the salt from the pepper since they were not marked, but after closer examination I noticed that one of the holes in the pepper shaker had been purposely filled in. How clever!!!



Lastly, we discovered a red-dot Hazel Atlas mug, a pretty Delft heart-shaped box, a vintage Calumet Baking Powder can and an Alabama souvenir plate.


It’s funny…  I rarely find a Mississippi souvenir plate.
Maybe I should to go to Alabama to find one!


I’m linking to the following parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time

18 comments:

  1. Sherry those bowls are super cute! Great finds! I do love the rose platter also. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a Mississippi plate for you. Love all your treasures, especially the Hazel Atlas mug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love reading your posts about your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a matching Mississippi souvenir plate! :)
    These are some wonderful treasures---loving the roses.
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds for you gals, as always, and you know...folks really appreciate shopping in antique shops and finding everything so clean and well taken care of. I bet your patrons are thankful for your 'Find, Buy and Clean' items. Love the rose plate! I find Texas Souvenir plates everywhere but in Texas...LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry ~ love all of your finds this week. The Rose Platter is beautiful. Betcha here in Ontario I could find a Mississippi Plate. I'll start looking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rose plate looks very familiar. I may have its cousin around here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can so relate!!! You forgot a few steps!! LOL!!!
    I love shopping the best!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that red dot coffee mug! You just never know what you will find! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you find the best stuff!!! I love that polka dot glass ware, they are soooo hard to find at any price, my brother collects them, so I am always on the look out!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Treasures!!! LOVE those little rose salt and peppers. TOO Cute! Looks like it was a successful day of fun on the run!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it fun to go hunting for treasure . . . maybe we all have a little pirate in our blood. Your finds are wonderful, I especially like the Blue Willow in the post before this one. I collect it, use it, and love it. I found your blog through mutual followers and now I am following you too. . it would make my day if you visited and followed me back . . ."come on, make my day", LOL. Just a little humor, there. Have a wonderful week, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That mug makes me see spots! I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherry, you surely have made my day . . . and I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to following your blog and seeing all the great treasures you find. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cereal/ice cream bowls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that orange color on the bowls, perfect for fall. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hunt, buy, wash, price, put in booth, repeat. Life of a booth owner. Great way to enjoy thrifting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!