Monday, August 20, 2012

Heatin’ Up the Kitchen

The temperatures outside my door are in the 90s ….. just too hot to think about cooking; but almost everything I bought at the yard sales this weekend could easily contribute to “heatin’ up the kitchen” on this side of my door.



Check out this large, and very heavy, 14” cast iron skillet. The Cajun Cookbook is just one of several cookbooks I found that you’ll see pictured in this post.



There were also two vintage Fire-King baking dishes….one in the Wheat pattern; the other, Nature’s Bounty.


More vintage cookbooks …. I also found a pretty sandwich-glass sugar and creamer set.



Mom didn’t feel like heating up her kitchen either, but took the cookbooks home with her anyway. She insists that she has to “read” all of them before I can put them in the booth.

Stay Cool!


I’m linking to the following parties:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm


12 comments:

  1. Your mom makes me smile -- I like to 'read' cookbooks as well. Hope you keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Your mom sounds precious! What great finds! I love your cast iron pan and the Fire-King pieces are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cookbooks, too -- and I don't do very much cooking at all!

    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old cookbooks are one of my favorite things to pick up. My husband loves them too. I wanted to make banana bread today, it is cool..but when I turned on the oven, I was sweating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute that your Mom want to read all of the cookbooks! My brother is into the vintage cookware so between you and him I am getting educated on all of the Pyrex and fire king kitchenware!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry.my Mom 'reads'cookbooks also. Love a good iron skillet but that pretty sugar/creamer is sparkly! Hope things cool down soon, not much cookin' going on here either! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of the best recipes are from those tattered cookbooks...although yours look in pretty good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure can't blame your mom for wanting to check out the cookbooks first, you just never know what you'll find. I love the glass sugar and creamer set, I'm sure they won't last long in your booth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fire king baking dishes are just adorable. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cookbooks...old or new! But I don't bake as much as I used to or even use cookbooks much. I still have a couple of shelves for my favs though! Enjoy your evening! Hope it's cooler now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I wish my mother would shop with me. You found some great "finds"...

    Smiles,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely finds, and that stool in the post below . . . is marvelous. Have a great weekend and happy treasure hunting.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!