Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Anticipation

There's always a sense of excitement when Mom and I set out on a weekend morning to check out the local yard sales. Mom keeps the sales notices in hand as she "navigates" while I drive. On the way to the first sale of the day, I always ask, "Wonder what we'll find today?"

Our treasure-hunting has been rewarded recently by finding the Siamese Cats TV Lamp and the bilateral postal scale, but those discoveries are not the norm. Though we anticipate the discovery of such unique retro objects, we usually find the smaller-ticket items that fill up the booth and are the bulk of my sales. That's been the case recently.

Here are a few of the things we've uncovered.....

Vintage print in metal frame, McCoy planter, biscuit/cookie cutter

Footed mugs, maker unknown....do you know?


Large footed aluminum colander
Wrapped, coiled basket with attached lid

Aluminum measuring cups, fabric lined basket, tree bark tumblers, Pyrex mug

Wonder what we'll find next time?



I’m linking to the following parties:
Vintage Thingie Thursday at The Coloradolady
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove

9 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when I head out junking with my mom....what will the morning bring? Then it's so much fun unloading our goodies and taking a closer look.
    Love all your finds especially the McCoy planter and the vintage print. Wish I could help identify those mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun to wonder what we will find! I'm heading out tomorrow for the WLYS and hope I come across some fun items. You did find some good things, I love that McCoy planter. Hope your having a good week! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff! I love the 'not knowing what I'll find' too!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some great vintage things. Any McCoy item is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same colander (it was my mom's) and I still use it today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the cookie cutter and the print--just awesome finds.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, those good, solid, sellable, little things keep our booths alive, don't they? You're so fortunate to have your mom as your junking partner. Enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finds Sherry! I bet you and your mom had a fun adventure thrifting together! Thank you for sharing at TTF and have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love treasure hunting with my mom. It's the betsy! Thanx for sharing at my place!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile....!!!